Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We've gone a week & a half and he's still alive!

Holy Moses, we might actually pull off this parenting thing. Luke has been really good today. He stayed awake for a long stretch of the day, and as of right now is sleeping good. This means nothing, since he is just a newborn, but I have hope. I know newborns don't have a real "schedule," but he'll be good. He has to. Right???



Anyway, Mindy credits his good behavior today to a lack of milk consumption on her part. She will be sad to see it go, since she drinks it with everything, but in the interests of our sanity and sleep cycle it will be worth it. Her parents got us a new bassinet today, and Steve and I earned an advanced degree from MIT while we assembled it. Wow, that was complicated. Luke is sleeping in it right now. I guess. I'm at the computer, blogging for the masses. Well, you people.





Tonight is the last night Steve and Jan (Grandma & Grandpa Shotts to Luke...and probably us from now on) are with us. Tomorrow we offically do the grandparent hand off. Hopefully it will involve a wrestling-type tag team maneuver with a high five. My mom gets in at around 11:15 here in Manhattan (thank you for not going to KCI!), so I get to skip out of work a little before lunch to go get her. I've already been forewarned to bring Luke and take pictures. She has a fan club at work waiting to see the first Judy/Luke pics, so I've been ordered to get them on the blog ASAP. Little does she know that she is no longer my rater...I take orders from my battalion commander, my XO, and my wife. And not in that order. Sorry mom. But I will get them on quick so you can have some closure after these 12 days without seeing your new grandchild. Come on, I'm not that mean!

I do want to say a HUGE thank you to Steve and especially Jan for all their help. Jan has been here since May 15, and she has been a major helping hand when we really needed it. This isn't just because she did the litter while she was here (although that is a pretty big part, since I was the schlub doing it for the first eight months), but just for being a third set of hands when we needed it. Mindy has loved it, and it has helped a ton. Talk about owing your mother-in-law early on...



Well, all you Salisbury folks get to see Judy and the baby tomorrow. But I'd guess you guys are just glad to get her and her "brag book" out of town for a little while and give you some peace. I'll make sure to get lots of pictures of her changing diapers.

No comments: