Thursday, June 22, 2006

2 weeks and rolling...

It's been a fun couple of days here at the house. Since Mom got in we've done...well, not much at all actually. Tuesday night I had another softball game. Luke got to watch his dad hit like a little girl in teeball. We lost, but we had great motivation. Not that motivation wins the game; evidently it loses the game, 15-2.





Mindy and Mom spent most of their days since at home. Between holding, looking at, and feeding Luke, their schedule was pretty busy. He's been sleeping great during the day- it's amazing. He's really not been that bad at night; I think it just gets exacerbated when he wakes us up to feed. OK, once again, wakes Mindy up to feed. But hey, she wakes me up if she needs to move his hand away from his mouth. That makes it feel like I'm awake several times a night. But he needs to feed every few hours anyway, so for awhile this is how it'll be. Once he starts eating a bit less, he'll (hopefully) sleep longer through the night. Please, dear Lord, let that statement be true.



Luke had his second week doctor's appointment this morning (he's exactly 2 weeks today). After we watched the U.S. totally choke in the World Cup, we headed out to the hospital (with much more success at finding the clinic this time). They said he was in great health, with no issues. That was pretty reassuring. He cried through the whole thing, but that was because they made us keep him in just his diaper, so he was pretty cold. They gave us a few infant care tips, and sent us on our way.



We have a few more visitors coming in over the next 24 hrs. Amber comes to visit for a few days starting tonight, and then tomorrow my dad gets in to see him. He'll be here until the 4th of July. We've arranged to dedicate him (Luke, not my Dad) this Sunday at church. Mindy also wants to do another dedication in the next few months with her grandfather, who was the pastor that dedicated her when she was a baby. We'll make sure to get those pictures up here as well.

So, as usual, here's pictures...


The Three (Tired) Amigos


See, I know how to take care of babies...


This one is for Uncle Randy...Luke's head is too small and mine is much too large...but thanks for the hat!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He just keeps growing! I miss him (and both of you!) soooooo much! It looks like Grandma Scott is doing a great job in taking my place in the "holding Luke" department. He is such a sweetie! Looking forward to seeing your dedication pics. Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

If it wouldn't be incredibly redundant for all those reading, I would post continuously about how I truly enjoy the blog and am unbelievably thrilled about the new member of your family. He is so precious and delightful and perfect. I can barely wait to see Luke and you both as well. Thank you for sharing this expedition with me and all of your other dedicated addicts.

Teniah Ashlyn said...

As another dedicated addict, I would like to say that my favorite is the "Three Amigos" that is a definate scrapbook shot!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, the "Three Amigos" had me cracking up. Love all the pictures! I hear the first step is to admit you have a problem... hi, my name is Ruth and I'm a min & chris's 9th month addict

Uncle Randy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Uncle Randy said...

Cut kid. Hey Luke don't let your dad steal the Yankee hat and then leave it somewhere on the Jersey Turnpike. He has been know to do that! I wish I could see him, I might have to make a QT out to see him after the season!