Thursday, June 15, 2006

Softball's Not Cool Unless You Poop Your Pants

Last night Luke got his first taste of live sports when he got to go to dad's softball game. Honestly, I'm thinking he might be bad luck- we got spanked 13-3 and dad went 1-3 at the plate. Oh well, he was the hit of the bleachers, especially since the game was a dud. Everyone loved seeing him out at the old ball game, and he even gave them a free diaper show at the end. Dad got to showcase his changing prowess, and impressed the masses. A loss for Chris The Softballer, but a big W for Chris The Diaper Man.


I went back to work today for the first time since Luke was born. It was pretty mundane. The highlight was at lunch though, when Mindy decided to check to see if Luke had pooped his diaper. I tried to warn her to not get her face in so close, but she did not listen to my years (read: days) of experience. Luke peed right in her face. She took it well, especially considering her mother and I were laughing hysterically over it.

Still no word on when Mindy will post. I almost had her talked into it today, but Luke has become an eating machine. Evidently, we did learn the right way to feed yesterday. Mindy has been otherwise occupied, so have patience. So, once again, you're stuck with me. You should be so lucky...

No comments: