Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tonight, we dedicate our son...

Boy, we've had quite a busy weekend. Saturday we headed out to the mall in Manhattan to do a little shopping. We hit a few department stores looking for some clothes for Mindy, and for an outfit for Luke's dedication on Sunday. Dad, Luke and I ditched the ladies in JC Penney looking for Mindy's stuff. We took him to the sports store and checked out some other places along the way. He slept the whole time, thereby proving that he likes to make everyone think he is an angel. Alright, I guess he is- even if he cries a lot. We had to change him after spending a few hours at the mall, so the best place to do it ended up being the trunk of our car.



Next we went to Panera Bread, where Mindy could go into the back room to nurse while we all ate. I had the Bacon Turkey Bravo, in case anyone was wondering. After that, we went to a baby store nearby (Hey Baby) and checked out what they had there for mom and baby. Luke was a little fussy there, but I found a way to rock him in his carrier that seemed to quiet him a little bit. Mom bought Mindy and I a gift while we were there; it was a figurine of a mother and father holding a newborn. They wrapped it all up for her, and we opened it when we got home. And of course, we had to imitate it...



Once we got back it was early evening, and dad and I headed to JC to go to Wal-Mart and take a movie back. While we were gone the ladies had planned on bathing him, but Luke ended up eating so much that that was all they did. They did eventually get him a bath, but not until like 10:00 pm. Here's what it looked like:



What a cutie. He really looks peaceful there, huh? Well, looks can be deceiving. Mindy and Amber said Luke made them speed bathe him...

This morning we got him ready to go to church for his dedication. We dressed him in his new clothes, and Mindy and I dressed up so Luke wouldn't show us up. Luke was great during the dedication. He was awake but just looked around the whole time trying to figure out what was going on. He has some awesome eyes! Pastor did the ceremony, which was just a quick dedication of Luke to God and to the church, and a pledge from Mindy and I and the congregation that we would raise him to know the Lord. It was very nice. Since we were dressed up, of course we ended up taking lots of pictures. I won't swamp the blog with all of them, but here's a few highlights.











Sunday afternoon was spent napping, our new favorite pastime around this house. Luke got his nap in before we went to church in the evening, even though Grandpa kept him up for a little while playing.



8 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I just wanted to say that Mindy, you are looking fabulous! I can't believe how fast you are dropping the baby weight! You are amazing to be doing all of this. I admire you both, but you especially Mindy, because I know how hard this has been on you physically. You are so amazing to have sacrificed so much for yourself for Luke. I just think you are looking awesome! - Oh, and the dedication looked beautiful.

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I just want to say that Mindy, I think you look amazing. I can't believe how fast you dropped the baby weight! You are so awesome for sacrificing so much of yourself for Luke. I know you have been through some real physical trials through this, and I just really admire you! Keep up the good work, because you look fabulous!

Amber said...

Yay-

I can leave a message on your comments with my new blog site!!! I love you guys, and I miss you already.

See you soon.

Amber

Amber said...

Yay-

I can leave a message on your comments with my new blog site!!! I love you guys, and I miss you already.

See you soon.

Amber

Anonymous said...

I have just finished catching up on the latest of Luke since I have been in Florida. Glad to see Mom-Mom Judy and Pop-Pop Steve made it there safely. Let them spoil Luke and take advantage of them while they are there. I'm so glad they were able to be there during Luke's dedication. I know it meant the world to them. To be honest, I have never seen Judy so happy. She never smiles like she did in some of those pictures here at work. Glad you got a picture of that! Remember don't blink.......befire you know it he will be walking & talking and oh yeah by then sleeping through the night.

Uncle Randy said...

Did he cry during the dedication? You may have written it but i just look at the pictures. I am a little slow

Anonymous said...

We miss you all and wish we could be there
Uncle R&Aunt J

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys. You look like you are having a great time with the folks there. You have quite a handsome little man, but you know that don't you. We all can't wait to get our fingerprints on him someday soon. If I were you, I would be doing a thorough inspection of all luggage coming home with Steve & Judy. They are looking pretty attached to a certain little guy. Well have fun and tell you folks to have a safe trip home. We will try and console them on this end.