Sunday, June 18, 2006

Luke-a-palooza



Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been posting as of late. I was scolded again. Of course, when no one comments, I feel like no one is here...so...tit for tat, people. I will treat Luke pictures and updates like a ransom if I have to.



So I've been back to work (although I did get Friday off), and that's fun....ish. OK, no it's not. But I'll be on leave soon, so back to shamming I go. Mindy is doing very well. She's recovering quite nicely, and even shedding some pregnancy weight- like 20 lbs or so. She's very happy about that. She's still not back to pre-pregnant Mindy, but she still looks good to me. See, honey, I love you no matter what!



Luke is good...during the day. Today was his first Father's Day (and mine), and he got introduced at church this morning (He's still waiting for Uncle Randy to meet him and take him to a real ballgame...I can only offer the Royals. I'm sure the Shorebirds play better than them). It's amazing when we are out, he sleeps so contentedly. People comment on how good he is, how quiet. Then we let them know that we wish he was like that at night (to which they inevitably answer as to how their kids were angels and slept thru the night right away...we're still waiting for that to take effect...we'll be the first to tell you, believe me). Mindy would revise that to say the it is she who stays up with him through crying and feeding. Something about me sleeping through everything unless she wakes me up. He's not terrible about it- from my experience, you know- but last night he stayed up screaming until 12:30 am. He usually gets up twice for feeding anyway, but couple the two meals with the late night screaming and it's a bit crazy. Mindy is beat, although I can't convince her to nap. Someone else may need to do that...she doesn't listen to me anymore (It's ok; I'm her husband). But we have been setting a routine, and that helps a lot. Luke has also been out a lot more. We've taken him to Bible study, Wal-Mart, the PX, and a few other places since last week. He's great out there. I think he may like shopping more than me.





I say all that to say he really is the cutest kid in the world. He still has the best eyes. His skin is peeling, and he keeps scratching himself in the face. Today Min made him wear these little mittens...they're kinda girly, but I accept them over blindness. His circumcision plastibell fell off yesterday. That thing was making me cringe everytime I saw it, and I'm glad it's gone now. Yowch...I tried looking it up on the internet to see if that was how it was supposed to look, but I only saw a few pictures before I had to stop that. Call me faint of heart, but I dare any man out there to do the same. His cord is almost ready to go. It's dark and scabby and getting more loose every day. Once that goes, he'll be all set. Plus it'll make diapering a lot easier.



So, in honor of Father's Day, and the fact I haven't posted in a few days, I give you a slew of Luke pictures...





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jamie says we'll take you to a real game at the Yankee stadium, Little Luke! Enjoy Kansas as long as you can because it's a jungle outside of there!! Just ask this Kansas native! Can't wait to meet you in person,

Love,
Aunt Jamie (& Uncle Horny)!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

The pictures are getting so great! He is really turning into a handsome man! =) You are so very blessed, which I know that you realize that, but I just thought I would say it! =) Mindy, you look great, and even though I know it's been a long few weeks, you are doing amazing. Keep up the good work, and things will start to come together and fall into place. It's been such a joy being able to read your blog. I check it every day!

Anonymous said...

I get to see you guys on Thursday!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am!!!! Maybe you can tell by how many exclamation points I am using!!! Love you.

Amber

Anonymous said...

I am loving all of the pictures. It sounds like you all are doing great!! Happy First Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Please kind sir, do not deprive us of Luke pictures. You see, I am a bit of a Min & Chris' 9th Month Blog addict. I get my fix about 4x/day and if you take that away I may have to turn to cocaine or worse yet have my own baby. So I beg of you, do not hold them for ransom, let Luke-a-palooza reign!

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on several entries that I haven't read up and the baby is looking cuter everyday! I hope you guys are hanging in there. And if you want to take him to a REAL baseball game then the Chicago White Sox are the way to go. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kara---I don't want to STOP living through YOUR child. That would only result in having one of my own. PLEASE keep the pictures and stories coming!

Amber

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Kara must know how all of us despirate women feel because she spoke the words of my heart - do NOT take away our ability to live through you because that would mean that we would have to have our own =) And for the sake of America's future, just keep posting!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree - for the sake of our poor husbands, let us live through your cute baby!

Anonymous said...

Yes, tell your husbands to thank me. That way they can let you all live thru us. Unless you decide that babies are so cute that you have to have one yourself. Then I had nothing to do with it.

Chris

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I keep going back to the third picture down of Luke with that funny little grouchy face. I just love it! =) You really do have a beautiful baby and his expressions are priceless!