Saturday, June 10, 2006

Just let the boy sleep in your bed!

Mindy took this picture of Luke while he was sleeping in the dark. Not shown on camera is the spaz he had right after from the flash going off. It was pretty funny.

This one is Mindy talking to her friend Rachel while Luke slept in his cart.

So...we're still at the hospital and man, it's getting old being in that room. They keep saying, "So you guys want to go home today, right?" Uh, yeah. The hospital here just built a new labor and delivery wing a few months ago, so the rooms are really nice (see below). Only, after two days plus of being there, you really want to go home. Mindy is climbing the walls, I'm sick of nowhere to relax, and Luke thinks he has 15 mommies from all the nurses coming and going. So we're ready to make like a tree and get out of there.



I let Mindy get her first real good sleep this morning (about 3 hrs) after she fed Luke, so she feels a little better. Now she just needs 14 more hours of sleep she's not likely to get and we'll be all set. I grabbed Luke and we "watched" the England-Paraguay World Cup game this morning (it was a real doozy, too- 1 to zero, England scoring the only goal 4 mins in. I fell asleep through most of the second half...Luke slept through all of it).

Thanks for all the comments, I've been reading them and telling Mindy who's reading this thing (it validates me putting pictures up as well). Just for that, you get a picture of me and Luke once Mindy got up from her nap this morning.

OK, I'll give you one more- I won't let that be your last look for awhile. This one is Luke being very hungry. His wailing does not come across so much in the picture, however...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't believe you are parents (very scary Chris). Mindy, you are beautiful and so is your baby boy (exactly who does he take after...hmmm). I love you both and I can't wait to see you and your precious little boy. Love and Prayers...Amber

Teniah Ashlyn said...

It's been so amazing having the opportunity to share some of this experience with you even though I live in a different country! ha....Seriously, it has been great for me and I am so grateful for you sharing this with all of us! The pictures are price-less and you are a fabulous writer! (I love all of your "dad" comments and I know that if we ever have a baby Travis would be feeling the exact same things! ha......) Anyway, please keep us updated as often as you can, it's a pleasure for all of us! Again, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Chris and Mindy, Congratulations. The pictures are great. Luke is a very handsome young man. Must get that from ...?? ((Both of you!!)) I am partial to the few pictures with my wife in them. You guys are in my thoughts and my prayers. You will be awesome parents. Just wait until Luke is driving -- that will be right after teething and school starting. Time will fly, be prepared. Take care and God Bless. v/r JCK