Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wow, am I ever behind!

I know I know – I’m WAY behind! =) I’ve tried to play catch up…so scroll down after this blog and there are a few more. If you think I’m behind on my blogging…you should see how far behind I am in my e-mails! =) It’s been pretty busy needless to say! We’ve managed a train trip, a road trip, 2 trips to the Krankenhaus, lots of time with the kids and loads of fun. We are all so happy that MeMe’s here…I’m not sure we’re going to let her leave.

Here is a VERY quick update on the boys…

Luke is growing up right before my eyes. I just can’t believe how much he changes/learns/develops just in one day! Right now his favorite thing to do is…dance! He runs around in circles, stomps his feet, claps his hands, jumps up and down, shakes his head…laughs and laughs and laughs. We’ve started having dance parties…even Will has gotten into it a bit! It reminds me of some of the great dance parties we had on First Floor South!

He talks constantly. He’s putting so many words together now. It just blows my mind when he actually completes a thought or sentence.

One of the funny things he’s been doing lately is calling everything that resembles a buger a…”buhger.” He’ll call a speck on his bed a “buhger” then tells it – “ni-ni.” He’ll call a crumb a “buhger” and then proceed to say “hi buhger” while waving at it...It’s quite comical!

I'll have to recap some more funny stories in the next blog...but for now, here are some pics!



Despite the constant illness's, Will continues to grow like a giant. We had to weigh him for his Tylenol dosage and he came up at a whooping 20 pounds…no wonder he’s so heavy in his carrier!! He’s working on sitting up. He can pull himself to sit in the swing – and if you help him out he likes to sit on the floor or in your lap. He wants to sit on his own so bad, but it’ll be awhile until he can sit unassisted.

He still wants to be held a lot. He’s happy in his jumperoo or on the floor for awhile, but when he gets tired he only wants to be held. He’ll take tiny cat naps in his swing…and when I say tiny I mean like 10 minutes and then wake up screaming like the world’s coming to an end. I’m afraid I’m gonna have to let him cry it out a bit here and there…as much as I don’t want to (nor do my neighbors want me to) – I just can’t hold him constantly. Oh well – I’m enjoying MeMe while I can…and so is Will! =)
I'll update more on him later as well, but for now...some pics!


Luke and Will are so cute together. They just bond more and more as time goes on. They laugh at each other, smile at each other, and watch each other. Luke always wants to know where Will is – he’ll narrate what Will is doing – and Will loves to watch Luke. I am so happy they get along so well. I keep waiting for something to go wayward, but they just adore each other. Luke is always wanting to "ugg" (hug) Will - and of course we wouldn't deny him that request. In a few years they'll come crying to me because they've beat each other up...I'm all about the uggs while we can get them! =)


We sadly have to see MeMe off next week. =( It has been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful having her here. Though we’ll manage by ourselves again, it has been a fantastic break and a huge blessing to have MeMe with us. Thank you for coming MeMe – you have been a Godsend and a blessing to us!



We celebrated Guka's B-day via webcam!
Happy MeMe!
More later!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The pics are absolutely adorable - esp the b&w of Luke and will... SO CUTE!!!!!!! And the sunglasses ;-) Luke Da Man!

Luv & Miss ya!
~Kerri

Unknown said...

Wow Mindy! You have had a lot going on in the past couple of weeks. I am so glad you are hopefully all on the mend and will pray that you stay that way! Love all the pictures!

Miss you all!
Holly

Anonymous said...

I hope they are D.C. Talk dance parties...

Amber said...

Holy Cow! 20 lbs! Gracelynn weighed in at 19 lbs 3.2 ounces today. She is in the 50% for weight...and get this the 80% for height! She is so long!

I miss you guys and wish I was there with you. Your boys are gonna be all grown up before I see them :(

Love you!
Amber

Cherry said...

5 blogs in one day!!! Minners, I'm in informations overload, I'm in picture overload, I'm . . . AAAHHHHAHAAAHAHHHHH!!!

Sorry. Spider. It's dead now. :)

Teniah Ashlyn said...

The pictures were great and it was so good to hear an update!! Glad you are feeling better and on the mend.....You look great!! =) Enjoy your last little bit with MeMe......

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some fun in with the sickness. Krankenhaus is no fun!

Will is huge and super cute. 20lbs - yowsa! Love the picture with the towel and the picture of the boys where Will is in the swing and Luke in the plastic box.

Have lots of fun while Meme is still with you. Hopefully, you can manage a little time to just yourself to relax or whatever Mindy needs most.

Take care,

Barb

randys1981 said...

Sounds like Luke is good at describing the action-is another play by play man in our family's future.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! I am glad MeMe could be there, although she is missed. I heard that Guka asked for people to pray that she will come back home. Love to all!
Aunt Lois