Friday, May 30, 2008

It just didn't sound right...

I was playing with Luke and Will in his room this afternoon. Luke brought in some coloring pictures he’d done earlier and we decided to hang them up on his wall. While I was at it, I decided it was time to “print out a new daddy.” The minute I said those words out loud I found it both sad and slightly amusing (as I had meant to say we needed to print out a new PICTURE of daddy.) Regardless of how it came out of my mouth (in my defense, it's been a stressful week=) ), Luke has wore out the first picture of daddy…so I printed out two new pictures. We hung those on the wall too…and since Luke didn’t want to part with the “old picture of daddy” that one got hung up as well.

The whole incident was cute and sad all at the same time. Luke enjoyed talking, kissing, hugging, waving, feeding and giving sips from the “bippy” to the pictures of daddy. I had to document it because it was so adorable, so here are pics!

Luke's pictures on the wall...


"Ugging" (hugging) Daddy...




Waving at Daddy...



Kissing Daddy!



I guess Chris looks thirsty in this one, becasue Luke is trying to offer his bippy...

Here he's trying to give him an M&M!

And here's the "Daddy" line up...with the old picture and all! =)

3 comments:

Amber said...

I think it is so cool that you guys can stay connected through blogger. I am sure that Chris loves seeing these pictures and hearing about this stuff. I know it made me tear up :)

Love you!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I had to laugh because I remember the feeling that Luke has and I can totally sympathize with him! I don't think I ever shared my "bippy" with Travis' picture, but I do remember gazing longly at them every moment of every day just trying to remember what it felt like to have him in my life on a personal level.....I feel his pain....=) I think these were priceless pictures!!!

Barb said...

It is bittersweet and I think it's awesome that you can see the sweet/funny side as well as the sad. I have this vision of Luke's room wallpapered with Chris's picture by the end of the deployment. I remember covering my bedroom walls with letters, photos and such from Dan while he was gone. It really helped to feel closer. I hope Luke continues to draw comfort in this way. It is so sweet how much he loves his Daddy.