Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Volgeweh

So – I haven’t gotten out and driven a lot in Germany. Traveling with the kiddos just isn’t much of an option with Chris being gone. So there really hasn’t been a lot of reason to drive off post. And when Chris was here, he did the driving off post. Sooooo, we decided we wanted to try to go to Volgeweh for a bit of shopping. Monica let us borrow her GPS. I’m so glad she did because I’m not sure I could have found my way without it! =) I think I might be in love with GPS now. It’s AMAZING! The voice is totally soothing and if you do get turned around, the voice never yells or tells you how bad of a driver you are…she just calmly recalculates and without missing a beat, tells you where to go next. AMAZING!!!

So, we made it there – did some shopping – and made it back! All without my incredibly directionally competent husband to whom I am the complete opposite…I could get lost in my backyard! Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather Chris be here, but it’s good to know that I can get out there and drive in Germany.

Getting on the Autobahn...=)


I love GPS!


Along the way....




Will sat in a cart for the first time!


Luke playing on the toys outside the store...




Yeeeehaawww!


Luke and Will mesmerized by Cars on the big HD screen in Power Zone...


We made it in one piece!

1 comment:

kimberly said...

oh my goodness! that autobahn picture made me laugh so hard! thanks for that mindy! it's nice to laugh when your day has been crazy.