Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Let's all get sick...again....and again...and again...

So either this apartment is toxic to our health or we’re cursed with some sort of “sick curse.” The Sunday evening of Mother's Day, Luke got REALLY cranky. He started to feel hot, so I took his temperature. 102. Yay. I gave him some Tylenol hoping beyond hope that it was teething…he’s actually getting like 4 teeth in at once right now…so it made sense. But no, that wasn’t the cause.

Through the night his temperature spiked and I gave him Tylenol every 4 hours. The next day was no better and by evening, he was up to almost 104. So I called Monica who graciously offered to show me where the Krankenhaus (German hospital) was. MeMe watched Monica’s kids and Monica, Luke, Will and I set off for the Krankenhaus. I was absolutely amazed by how efficient the visit was. We were in and out with a diagnosis and medicine within 40 minutes. Had we gone to Landstuhl, we would have been there all night. Once we got Luke started on the medication, he was on the mend immediately.

Wednesday was our Bad Kreuznach trip (above post) – and by that evening, Will was starting to feel warm and I was starting to feel feverish and under the weather as well. Great. We both got worse during the night. Will’s fever spiked to 103 and who knows what mine was. So at 6am Thursday morning, I loaded Will up in the car and headed back to the Krankenhaus. Once again, another very efficient trip with lots more medications to bring home. Sooooo…long story short – we’re all on the mend. Luke is almost completely better – almost…he’s still pulling on his ear a little, but we’re still cranking those ear drops in. Will is still congested, but at least his fever is gone. I’m feeling better for the most part – still tired, but that’s nothing new.

I praise God that Mom Judy was here. It seems like we can't catch a break from being sick. The boys weren’t even over their last cold when they got this fever. I might have lost my mind without help this time around…especially since we’ve dealt with one illness after the next these past few months. Blah! It was a great relief to have someone here to help. It also gave me the opportunity to get better too. Thanks Mom Judy!

Poor Luke!



Poor Will!


Poor Mommy and Will! =)


We did find out how much of a druggie Luke is...he LOVES taking medicine...what?! He really does love it. Even the drops in his nose and ears...he asks for them! I'm not complaining! =)

No comments: