Wednesday, January 02, 2008

38 Week (well, almost) Update

I finally had another doctor’s appointment today….with my last one being between 31-32 weeks. Everything seems to be going well. The baby’s heart rate was good, my blood pressure was fine, and I am steadily gaining weight (don’t know how good that is! =) ) It was a quick visit, and I didn’t get to much info – although the doc measured me, she didn’t tell me what the measurement was. I also had my GBS test – fun times. She checked to see how things were progressing…which they aren’t. I’m only at 1 cm with a lot of thickness. ‘Sigh’ – looks like it’ll be awhile. The doc said I have a ways to go – and also insinuated it was good that I have the next two weeks of appointments already made…looks like I’ll be needing them. I thought I would be really disappointed if they told me I had awhile yet to go – but I’m actually doing ok. There are times where I’m so miserable and sick (gotta love it when morning sickness reappears in your third trimester – Praise God for Zofran!) and I feel like 2-3 weeks is an eternity. God is good and faithful though – and I’m just leaning on His strength and asking for His patience to get me through. I know Baby Bee will come when he’s supposed too.

I made up a little calendar of everyone’s guesses for Baby Bee’s arrival date and weight. There is still time to guess if you haven’t done so already (check out Sunday Dec. 19th blog called Poll and Update if you want more details on the little contest.) It’s been so much fun to see what everyone thinks! =)

Though we’ve seemed to stay busy, there’s really nothing exciting to write about. I’ll post a few pictures though. Hope all is going well for you all!


Happy New Year!


Luke has started insisting on wearing his Elmo gloves and hat around the house. I promise we have heat here! =)

Yummy cookie!!




Luke's new love - the apple...

I got some great scrapbooking items for Christmas, so I set up this little scrapbooking table in our living room. It was so nice and relaxing to sit down and do some scrapbooking. I'm pretty rusty as it's been a year since I've done any, but it was extremely enjoyable. I can't wait to do my next page!


Close up of the pages I did the other night....

Here I am at 38 weeks (well, technically 37 weeks and 6 days - but hey - what's a day!) I'll do a blog where I show my progression - since I've managed to gain close to 50 pounds, it should be fun to see how much I've grown over these 9 months. =) I'll try to get that blog up sometime this week.

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Day!

6 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I must say that you do look amazing and I NEVER would have guessed you had hit the "50 lb" mark - take courage in knowing that you DON'T look it and it will go away fast once you have the baby. =) I'm still hoping for the 12th and I DEFINITELY think he's gonna make it to 9lbs! =) I know these last few weeks are gonna be tough, but you are such an amazing woman and have already "toughed" it through so much...You can do this!!! =) My prayers are with you and I love you so much....By the way, the scrapbook pages look WAY awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture with the Elmo hat and gloves (especially with the bare feet!!) Thanks as always for the update. Hang in there!!
Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's only 1 week and 2 days before Grammy Mom will be there. Tell Baby Bee to wait for Grammy to get to town and then come join us!! Jan 13 would be a nice date since that's PopPop's b'day. Everybody looks great and I'm glad to hear your healthy report from the doctor. Love to all of you.

Unknown said...

I love you and I hope all is well. You are probably fast asleep right now...at least I hope so. I can't wait to see pictures of your little bee!

chris said...

Um...I love you too, Ben. Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Mindy,

You look so good and beautiful! Your scrapbook pages are super-fabulous, too. Just a little bit to go before you have your new little one in your arms. How awesome is that? Hope it isn't too long before he comes but it is better to be in a little longer than to come early.

Hugs,

Barb