Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mindy vs. Elephants...

First off, Thank You sooooo much for your continued prayers and support! It really really means the world to me. I have the greatest family and friends in the world! =) Thanks for being so wonderful! =)


I have come to the conclusion that instead of a little Baby Bee human in my tummy, I must have a Baby Bee elephant in there. A baby elephant’s gestational period is two years...so I’m beginning to wonder if that’s what’s going on – not to mention how huge I’m getting! =) In fact, when I think about it – I kinda move like an elephant...

I walk slow – my footsteps make a thunderous racket - I sway from side to side while birds follow me around or perch on my huge stomach...

I fall into bed without bending... and I have to shower in the river now =)…

Hmmmm...these pictures do look an awful lot like me right now...=)

Anyway, =) Baby Bee is still sitting quite high. It’s looking more and more like I won’t go into labor on my own. I have my 41 week doctor’s appointment tomorrow, and am really hoping to get an induction date set then. I’m REALLY hoping he’ll take pity on me and get me on the books for this weekend. If he tells me I have to go for another week, I may have to go into “elephant angry mode” and charge him down and swing him around in my trunk until he gives me what I want. =)

Ok – so I doubt that, it looks like it would take a lot of energy to charge him down and swing him in my trunk...but he may get a mini-breakdown from a very huge and miserable pregnant lady. =)


I’ll post an update and picture after my doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I just thought I’d put up a quick post today (especially since I’ve been really bad about posting blogs and e-mailing lately) and especially to thank you all for your prayers, encouragement and support. You are all the best! =)

More tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think elephants are pretty cute...Seriously, I really hope your little one decides to drop and come on out. It must be hard to keep waiting and finding space for your growing boy. Geesh.

You will all be healthy and beautiful and it will all be a blur when he pops out. Take good care. We're thinking positive labor thoughts.

Barb and Dan

Unknown said...

Oh, Mindy!

If Baby Bee doesn't come soon, I hope the Dr. takes pity on you and gets you in for the weekend... the pictures were seriously funny though ;-)

Thinking of all of you & missing you,
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you gave me the best laugh I have had for weeks with your elephant analogy! You are FANTASTIC! Ma

Anonymous said...

LOL - I know you FEEL like an elephant - but you do not actually look like one, Min. Don't worry. He'll come out one way or another very soon! :-) Still praying for you! Love you!

--J

Anonymous said...

Awww...Min,
I miss you and your humor. I am checking everyday for news of Baby Bee. Your elephant pictures made my day! I needed a good laugh. Matt and I are praying for you and your family. We love ya.

Holly

Tiffany Barrett said...

We can't wait to see the new arrival....miss you soo much!!! We are here with ya!!!

Talk to you soon

Tiff

Teniah Ashlyn said...

You seriously crack me up so much, and I just love you guys and your sense of humor in all things.....=) You guys rock.....You're in my prayers, and I just KNOW it's gonna happen soon....

Oh, by the way, you thought your life was insane with all the craziness that happens?...check this out? I'm moving again - NEXT WEEK!!!! - Oh my gosh.....my life is clearly marked for insanity!! I will write more details if I can have a second to stop and breathe - more info later....LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Mindy, that is quite clever and adorable at the same time! If you were an elephant, take comfort in knowing you would be the matriarch and get to boss everyone else around! :o. Mel