Friday, January 25, 2008

Will Comes Home

Everyone has arrived at the Scott compound here in Baumholder today. It was a fairly short hospital stay for Min and Will, but long enough for everyone to know that we didn't want to stay any longer. After Will was born yesterday, I took off back to the apartment to get my mom (who put up another blog tonight- comments make her feel special) and Luke so they could meet Will. I must also admit I snuck in an hour nap while I was there- that made about four for me, and a little less for Mindy at that time. Luke was a little wary of him at first, but he likes to say his name- it comes out sounding like "Wheel." The real big brother test will be the next few weeks while he adjusts to no longer being the center of attention here.

We spent the afternoon there, and then I brought Luke back so he could take a nap, since he was getting a little restless after missing it at his usual time. We had planned on going back down again, but Luke decided he didn't want to sleep, so luckily Mom packed a bag and she stayed down in Landstuhl with Min and Will. Luke and I slept great...and Will kept Mindy and his Grammy up pretty much all night. The doctors had to do a few checks today, as well as circumcise the poor kid, but we finally got discharged at about 1 pm.


It's now a little after 8 pm, and I am the only person still awake here. Mindy and Will are asleep on the couch, Mom turned in at 8, and Luke went to bed an hour ago. It would be safe to say everyone is exhausted after the last two days.

Will is doing great. He had a little issue yesterday when he threw up all over the doctor who had come in to check on him. He was initially worried it might be a bowel obstruction that caused it, since it was brownish, but Will had pooped when he checked the diaper so he ruled that out. He figured he may have swallowed some blood on the way out, and was just expelling it, and they suctioned his stomach to get it all out. There was pretty much nothing left (it was all over the doc), so everything appears to be normal. He's still sore from the circumcision (who wouldn't be) and still has his cord stump left, but he's in great health and looks great. I think he looks a lot like Luke did when he was newborn.

We have another appointment for Will tomorrow, so we have to do the drive down to Landstuhl again in the morning. Hopefully some of these appointments can be done here in Baumholder in the future. We'll keep you updated on everything though, so stay tuned.

Here's a few pictures to send you on your way:



I didn't get the first diaper this time- the nurses changed it when they were checking his stomach. Although, the hospital did steal one of our shirts when they took him later, so maybe that was payment.


This was a rare sight for Mindy last night


Will getting ready to go home. Check out the huge hat!


Luke making peace with the interloper


My boys

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Cute, cute boys! Will does look a lot like Luke. Although, it's hard to believe now that Luke was ever that tiny! Glad to hear you are all home and doing well! Love you.

-Jenny

Anonymous said...

So glad you are all home "safe and sound"! You have a beautiful family!
Mom and Dad Shotts

Amber said...

Man Chris, you couldn't look prouder there in that last picture. Congrats you guys! I am so proud of you. Wish I was there to share in this. Love you!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

You are SO right - Will looks a lot like Luke did when he was a baby....Time flies by so fast! It was cool to go back and see those pictures....Your mom's blog is also fun because she had different pictures! yeah for blogs and keeping in touch with what's going on!!

Glad Will is finally home and starting to get settled in....Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Look at your fabulous boys! Everyone looks so good and healthy. Will looks like a fiesty little dude...and so cute, too.

I wish you at least 2 hour sleep increments. Have fun settling in with your new little guy.

Hugs from Maryland.

Dan and Barb

Andrea said...

Hi! This is reeeeaalllly strange. I did a search for pictures of Burg Lichtenberg to post on my blog, and it linked to your blog with the pictures! I did a quick check to see where else you have visited locally, and saw the park pictures! I was there at the park that afternoon-with 5 kiddos, and I remember you! I was the one swinging the baby. I also remember your son's Elmo mittens. Congrats on your new little guy! My son's due date was Jan 23rd last year. Anyway, I didn't want to lurk. My girls go to the elementary there, and we go to that park after school. Small world. Take care.