Sunday, January 13, 2008

Grammy Does Germany

Saturday morning, Mom Scott and Uncle Brian flew into Frankfurt. It was so exciting! Chris, Luke and I managed to get to the airport without getting lost. Most of the way was driving on the autobahn, which is way easier then driving through the little towns that have roads going everywhere. We had a happy reunion with hugs all around. It was so great! =)



Mom Scott and Uncle Brian took a few hours of the day to sleep, and then we went to a little German restaurant/hotel called the Berghof for supper. We all ended up going to bed pretty early.



At the Berghof...


Uncle Brian reading to Luke in the evening.


This morning, we woke up at our leisure. We decided to go to the Burg Lichtenberg, a castle near Kusel (the same one from our blog on October 08, 2007.) It was the perfect day to go. The weather was cool and crisp, but not too cold, the sun was out – but there was also mist everywhere. It was very medieval looking. We ate lunch at the Burg Restaurant (which is at the opening of the castle) and had a wonderful meal. The schnitzel was really really yummy there!

In front of our apartment complex...

In front of the Burg Restaurant...

All of us together...

Mom Scott eating a salad at the Burg...

Me, Luke and Uncle Brian...

Chris and Mom...


After lunch, we walked around and explored the castle and grounds. We were able to get tons of great photos. It was such a fun day! We are so enjoying our time of fellowship together with Mom Scott and Uncle Brian. It’s so nice to have them here!

A picture taken through an castle window - look at the mist out there!

Picture of the town and castle in the mist...

In front of the castle...

Luke watching Grammy and Uncle Brian coming down a long set of stairs...

Mommy and Lukey!

Uncle Brian and Chris scaling the castle walls...

Getting down is harder than getting up!

Luke peering out a window - he saw a dog and was very excited. He kept saying, "Dowgie? Dowgie?"

"Dowgie?"


Mom Judy and Uncle Brian in front of the keep...

Luke pushing his own stroller...

Uncle Brian standing on a ledge with the sun behind him. I love this picture!



Mommy and Baby Bee sitting on a rock...

Luke had to sit on it too...

Uncle Brian scaling the castle walls again...

Luke looking through a peep hole...

Walking into the beautiful landscape...

Looking down from an old stable...



An archway...


Luke looking for another doggie out the window...


Pretty picture...

A place Mom Judy and I visited a lot...

Here we are snug and cozy in the backseat!

Luke was out seconds after getting strapped in his car seat. He was ready for a nap!



Today I’m 39 weeks 3 days. Still no signs of labor. =( I really thought I would go into labor a few days before my due date. Luke came 4 days early, and I didn’t think I would go beyond 40 weeks this time either. Unfortunately, it’s not looking or feeling like Baby Bee will make his appearance anytime soon. I’m still high and have had no real significant signs of labor. I have my next doctor’s appointment on Wednesday (the day before my due date) and will ask the doctor when they’ll be willing to induce me if I don’t go into labor on my own soon. I was really hoping all the walking and stairs we did today at the castle would jumpstart something. Thank you all for you prayers and thoughts – it means so much to us! I’m gonna show Mom Scott how to post a blog, so when Baby Bee does decide to come; she’ll be able to post it right away.

There is one "Expectant Mother" parking space at the commisary here - I'm always excited when I can snag it...

And 39 weeks and 3 day...as you can see, I'm solely in Chris's shirts now. =)

Alrighty, it’s late and I’m tuckered out. I’ll update some more later!

Love ya’ll!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Grammy Mom and Uncle Brian made it safe and sound. The pictures are great!! Love to all!!
Aunt Lois

Unknown said...

Hey Mindy! (and Chris and Luke :)

Looks like you are having a great time. I know what you are talking about with not thinking the baby will come early. I had my appointment on Tuesday and there were no signs of anything and then I was in labor on Thursday night. Things sure change quickly. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I know I should comment about how beautiful the scenery is and how nice it is to have your family there but all I can focus on is that Williams Hall T-shirt! I think I lost mine in '99. Since you missed my guess for January 8th, please hold on until the 19th. It would be the best present ever!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Wow, Mindy, I think we all totally missed this bet - haha.....Who would have ever guessed that you would have held out until your due date? I mean, seriously - all the evidence was pointing to the 12th! haha....Just be encouraged that it can happen fast - My friend Erin was due on the 8th and kept emailing me every day - no baby, no baby - and then out he came bright and early this morning!! haha...He is a sweetie and I know that Baby bee is gonna be well worth the wait too! I am thinking about you CONSTANTLY - Everytime I see your "belly" pictures I just have to say a prayer for you!! I know you are so ready for this to be over - If it helps at all to know this, you look more beautiful and radiant with every day that you get closer to labor!! Keep us posted, I can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

Hey Min -
You know my story - NO signs of labor - contractions, dilation, anything until I actually went into labor. It can happen fast! And tell Baby Bee he should come today. It was thoughtful of him to wait until Mom Scott and Uncle Brian were there...but Aunt Jenny really thinks he should come on the 14th! :) Praying for you guys!
--Jenny

Monica said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'll be praying the Baby Bee decides to show up soon. :)

Amber said...

You look great, but that expression on your face in the last picture was priceless! It says "when the heck is this kid gonna get here?" Hopefully soon.

I am so glad that you have Judy and Brian there with you. I know that will alleviate some of the stress when the little one DOES arrive! Tell him it's time now.

I wish I was in Germany right now with you instead of sitting at my desk at work :(

Love you!
Amber

Anonymous said...

My guess is still good---Jan 18th! Really, I'm hoping it won't be that long--for your sake.
Hey, what if he's born the 19th in Germany, but it's the 18th in the USA. Would I still get a German trinket? Has that been asked before?

Who is Uncle Brian? Is he Chris's mom's brother?
~LORIE

Anonymous said...

We wish we could be there! I think we should talk Jamie into becoming a flight attendant so we can travel the world and see ya! Miss ya! Good to see all the picture!

chris said...

Lorie- yes, he's mom's younger brother.

And I doubt the trinket will be so special as to require a challenge on what time it actually was...lol