Sunday, August 03, 2008

I hear the ocean...

I know everyone is going to be shocked when I say this – but we’ve all been sick again! I know, I know – we have the weakest immune systems ever! Luke has been fighting a fever the last few days and Will and I have been nursing a cold. I made us all stay in this weekend – and I think that tomorrow we can finally get back out and on with normal life. I’m not even surprised anymore when sickness comes our way – I’ve just learned to accept it, deal with it – and not dwell on how much the boys have been sick this last year. I've learned there's not much I can do about it - so I might as well just take it as it comes. =)

Luke is definitely on the mend – and aside from Will’s gross runny nose, he’s doing better as well. I am feeling quite a bit better – though I have more fluid in my ears than the ocean has water. It sloshes around and makes me dizzy and I hope and pray it doesn’t develop into an ear infection. Those of you who have had the “privilege” of being around me when I have an ear infection know that no good can come out of it. =) I always lose my hearing and all you’ll hear out of my mouth for the next month is, “huh?” “Could you repeat that?” “What was that?” “ehh?”

I don’t have a lot of news to report – and it’s past my brain functioning hours to think of all the cute things the kids have done these last few weeks. The one thing I can provide you with is pictures though – so enjoy!

Mr. Will...


Mr. Luke likes to sit in boxes...don't ask me why...


Luke has found a new use for the Boppy pillow...


Will trying to stand...I can't keep this boy still for a moment! EEEK!


Splits anyone?


Yummy pillow...


Luke is great with tools!
Playground pictures!




Will didn't have too much fun - other than the few minutes he wanted to swing. This was his expression most of our time there. In his defense, it was hot.
Luke loved getting on these and shouting "eeehaww!"

Luke being a "firefighter"...


Monica, EA, MC and Will joined us later. We had a good time until a wasp gave Monica a very painful sting. We went home after that!
Big Will and Little Will playing together!

"I will dump all these toys for mommy to pick up...muhahahaha!"
Will in his lair of pillows...
Luke sat Grover and Elmo in the booster...
Then he provided toys for them to play with...Look at Elmo's expression! HA! (PS -I know they're not alive...hehehe!)


Angry face!
This is why I need to baby-proof...
Luke and Will LOVE crawling together - just the other day, Luke was "crawl chasing" Will around saying, "I'm gonna get chu!"

Here Luke is trying to play the "roll it" game with Will...
Will just tries to eat the ball...

Smile!
Because Will has been trying to pull himself up, I had to move the crib mattress down another notch. I did so - put Will in the crib - walked out of the room - came back in and saw he had pulled himself all the way up! Eeeeek! Slow down boy! Now he's pulling himself up on the couch...and pretty much anything he can get his hands on. It's all over now. No more sitting down for mommy!


Luke loves it when I let him play on the bed. I was changing the sheets here, so he had free reign...
Luke loves to pretend to talk to Daddy on the phone...
Here he's letting Will "talk" too...

I wish I could get Luke to smile for the camera...this is usually as close as I get...
What a big helper!
Look at that face!
Luke and Will hanging out in the crib together...

and playing with trains together...
Cute Cars outfit!
"Look mom - I have no hair!"


More later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy, sometimes if you put a little vinegar in your ear it will absorb the water, It always work well when I do it.

Andrea said...

Super cute pics! I'm glad that you are getting out (the park). Are you around sick kids at playgroup? I don't get it why the plague seems to follow you-ugh.