Thursday, August 14, 2008

Returning to the States...

Our ERD (early return of dependents) orders came through this week and the kids and I will be returning to the states at the end of the month (though keep in mind this IS the Army!) =) Luke is really looking forward to his first plane ride - but I dread the jetlag - especially for the boys! Eeeek! We are super excited, but also saddened about leaving the wonderful friends we’ve made here.

So the big question - why are we returning to the states early? Well, there are lots of answers to that. Though Chris won't be back from Iraq until next summer - he has decided to pursue other career options. Thus - he'll be getting out of the Army a few months after their re-deployment. We would like to settle in Maryland if at all possible. Because of this - and because I have been given an amazing job opportunity - we have decided to return to Maryland - get the boys settled back in the states - and allow me to pursue some of my ministry goals. I will blog more about all that later though. So - that's the short answer(s)…=)

My dad is flying in next week to help me with all the moving stuff. It'll be SO nice to have an extra set of hands to help with the boys too! I can't wait for him to see Luke again and meet Will for the first time! I haven't seen my family in over a year - I'm SO excited!

The movers are coming next week. I am just amazed at how smoothly and quickly everything is falling into place. I know that this is the right time - because God has worked miracle after miracle in this whole process. I'm exited to see what He has in store for us as we move to Maryland and as I begin to work at the church there.

At the same time, I am sad to leave...I have made some really spectacular friends here - as has Luke. It will be very sad to leave them. I wish I could take them all home with me! I am also a bit sad about leaving Germany. We've now been here for over a year - and some of it's endearingness has rubbed off on me. I didn't think I'd be sad to leave the actual country - but I kind of am.

Alrighty - I have more to do than I can even comprehend in the next two weeks! I will try to post a few blogs throughout the process but no guarantees. =)

8 comments:

Amber said...

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay!

Oh and did I say...yay!

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Can't believe it will be less than two weeks.

Lots of prayers coming your way these next couple of weeks...

Anita said...

I know you are SO excited to come home and I am sure your dad is just as excited to see you and the boys. I will be praying that everything goes "smoothly" the next couple weeks. If you spend any time at all in the Midwest lest us know. We would love to see you and the boys!!

Erica said...

Good to hear the ERD finally came through. Good luck with all the moving preparations and the such.

Cherry said...

Hooray!!! Mindy phone calls again!!! (I promise to be good and not call to often!)

Anonymous said...

God is good!!! Looking forward to seeing you and the boys soon!! Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I'm sure everyone is thrilled to have you back in the states! Good luck with the final preparations to move! Will be praying. Autumn

Andrea said...

Wow! That is one quick move! I know that you will miss Germany, but your family is waiting :)

I hope that the packing goes well! Yikes! I hate that part!

Unknown said...

Wow...exciting that this is all moving so quickly! Hope everything goes well for you in the coming weeks. You will all be in our prayers! Can't wait to hear more about what you both will be doing.