Friday, August 29, 2008

Starting to settle in...

Jetlag stinks! =) We’ve all been trying to adjust to the new time difference and it’s exhausting! Every morning I start with a big to-do list…and every day I only accomplish one or two items on that list and somehow the day is gone and it’s time to fall into an exhausted heap in bed. So that means I still haven’t unpacked my suitcase, I still haven’t signed up or purchased a cell phone plan, I still haven’t done laundry, I still haven’t caught up on any e-mails or posted any detailed blogs, I still haven’t set up our rooms…wait – maybe it would be easier to tell you what I HAVE done! Hmmm…what have I done? =) I have had some yummy Mexican food - and a quick trip to Wal-Mart...though I had to leave with only half of my needed items because both boys were screaming and carrying on...and people were looking at me like, "Get out of our store..." =)

Luke and Will are having a blast. This is the first place we’ve lived that Luke can go outside and play in a fenced in backyard – and he can’t get enough! I think he’d be out there from morning ‘til night. I’m very anxious to see if all his health problems will begin to clear up now that we’re out of the moldy apartment.

I haven’t started work yet, but am excited to when the time comes. Next week I hope to buy my new computer and get all my software installed – and then I’m ready! YAY!

Alright, that’s it for now. Will is screaming…Luke is screaming…and I need another cup of coffee and a shower…

More later!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Whew...I can hear the anxious activity in your words. Just keep in mind...you and the boys are safe and in the USA! There is a lot you can do...and a lot you WILL do, but you have time. Don't beat yourself up for not getting EVERYTHING done. You just moved halfway across the world! In my book...you are already awesome!

Catch up on sleep, enjoy your family, and eat more "American" food :) The rest will come.

Anonymous said...

Get some sleep and enjoy the WARM rain. You've deserve a break...and a caffeine free coke. HAHA.

I bet Riley is SOOOO happy to see you. Enjoy family, critters, shopping and a run - if you can get it in.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Wow! So much has happened to you this month! Remember: it's suppose to take one day for each hour of the time change that you've experienced. So if it's 6 hours time change, it should be 6 days before you feel back to normal. I bet you are running on adrenaline though!
Welcome Back!

~Lorie H.

Andrea said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of that jetlag formula-good to know!

I'm glad that you are there safe and sound. Flying is not fun, unless you are in first class flying solo (or with DH)! :)

Autumn is here. I bet you won't miss it! :)