Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Referral

Just wanted to give another quick update on Luke. Yesterday we got a referral to Homburg University. It was an incredibly long and frustrating day, but we got great news at the end of it. The doctor didn’t find any fractures and all of his ligaments were still tight. What a relief! They gave him another temporary cast/splint and sent us on our way. I was able to take the splint off tonight – but Luke still refuses to walk or put any weight on the leg. Hopefully the pain will begin to subside enough for him to walk soon – he seems to be getting a bit frustrated with having to crawl everywhere. Poor guy!

These last couple weeks have been extremely busy, but I will try to put up a longer update sometime this week…maybe this weekend. Hope all is going well for all of you!

More later!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hello again Mindy! I saw on my feedjit map that someone in our area visited my blog and didn't know if it was you? If not-maybe it's some strange unknown person-ugh. That's why I originally left you a comment because I would feel really strange if I ever saw you on base and you didn't know that I had seen your blog, o.k.?

I enjoyed reading about Germany again. We are visiting in the US right now. It has been 5 years since we have been here to visit-unbelievable! It is so hot here, and I actually miss the cool nights.

I am so sorry that you are having so many healthissues with your family! I am glad that you have a great support system and are involved with groups. I live between the two bases and just haven't been involved with playgroups or spouses'goups like I did in the UK.

Please take care! :)

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Yeah that Luke was found to have no major fractures or injury! =) I'm sorry he is still in pain, but I know it is comforting to you just to know that everything is alright and will heal in time......I have been thinking about you a LOT.....I still have stuff piled up to send to Chris and one of these days I'm just gonna put it all together and call it good! haha.....=)

More later....Love you!

Andrea said...

Yay! I'm glad that it wasn't some creepy person :)

I am going to Target yet AGAIN-if you need anything-seriously-let men know. We are mailing some boxes back to ourselves.

I had some serious typos on the last comment-it was after 1 a.m...

Have a good 4th! I am sure that Ramstein has a good event planned. We will have to experience it next year!

Honeybee said...

Mindy, I'm so glad that Luke's leg was not broken. What exactly was the injury to his leg? Poor thing.