Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brief Update

We’ve been staying quite busy for the last few weeks. So busy, in fact, that I often have to figure out what day it is…several times during the day…or maybe that’s an exhaustion thing. =)

Though both boys are recovering from colds, they seem to be in fairly good spirits. This is a HUGE blessing. Luke has been in quite the funk and I was beginning to lose patience in how to handle his constant melt-downs, tantrums and whininess. This week has brought a much happier 2 year old – Thank the Lord!

I don’t have a ton new to report, but here are a few things on the boys:

Luke – has really really gotten into puzzles. He’s enjoyed them for quite some time, but now he’s OBSESSED! I don’t know if it’s the actual act of putting the puzzle together – or “unzipping” the bags and dumping out all the pieces. Either way, it makes him almost giddy to have “pussel dime” (puzzle time.)

His leg is healing nicely. He had a pretty wicked limp for a long while, but even that has diminished quite a bit. He’s even running and jumping now! I am SO glad he doesn’t have to be carried around everywhere. I know I was gaining more upper body strength, but it was incredibly exhausting! =)

Will - is 6 months today! I can’t believe how quickly it has gone. He’s a pro at sitting – and he is so flexible it’s baffling! I’ve started him on baby food full time now…well, full time as in just for supper. He really surprised me by his reaction. As much as he likes to nurse – and as excited as he gets at the sight of Luke and my food, I thought he would be thrilled to start eating every night. He could take it or leave it though. He’ll eat what I give him, but doesn’t really get excited about it. I think he just wants to go right to big-people food.

He is slowly getting into a nap schedule, but he still has a hard time staying asleep for very long. He’s such a cuddler that I think he reaches for me in his naps and if he’s in his crib and can’t feel me, it devastates him. He’ll let out the most pathetic wail you’ve ever heard. Poor guy! This is one of those areas that we have to deal with in baby steps.

Chris – is doing fine. He’s staying really busy. That’s about all I’ve heard or know. Communication can get hard during the busy times, so we haven’t had the chance to really catch up with each other. Maybe in the next few weeks he’ll be able to post another blog. No guarantees though. =)

I am doing fine. I miss Chris a lot, but the boys and I have fallen into a busy routine…which helps the time pass by swiftly. We still have a year or so to go – which seems a bit looming, but there is R&R to look forward too…and the boys and I may be moving back to the states…if the Army ever gives us the go-ahead.

So that's the brief update. =) Can you believe I kept it short!? =) My fabulous friend gave me some awesome photo editing software, so I’m gonna install that next – YAY! I love new software! It's so much fun to play with! =)

Here are a few pics from the last week:










More later!

3 comments:

Cherry said...

OMG! Mindy your hair is so long!!! The last time I saw it that long was like 4 years ago!!!!

Andrea said...

Ahhhh, I wondered if you were going to get the paperwork to go home. I have heard of many people going back-but do you get to come back next year?

Sorry about the colds again!?! Maybe the crazy weather?

Stay busy! :)

Anonymous said...

The Boys are so cute and I can't hardly believeWill is that big. I can't wait to see them. And you too Mindy.Love you Grandma and Grandpa Shotts