Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Quick Update

It’s been an interesting few weeks. I’ll try to make this blog brief since my last one was a novel. =)

After two weeks of not being able to walk – Luke has finally started to hobble around. Praise the Lord! I think that he’ll show a full recovery in the next 2-3 weeks. But for now, I’m happy that he’s finally gained back some mobility. I know that his leg still hurts because he’ll rub his shin and say, “huwrt” at times – but at least we’re making progress here.

I’d like to say that injury aside; we’ve been a glowing picture of health, but I sadly can’t. Luke had a fever last week – which thankfully broke fairly quickly. Last night I thought for sure we were in for another long night when he refused to eat and started to complain about his tummy hurting. Thank the Lord it was only a tummy ache and he was fine after some toast and a few movies on the couch. I am just thankful that neither incident was long lasting.

Will is doing well. He has learned to sit up on his own. He was so excited when he first did it, that he flung himself backwards – and of course toppled back to the floor. He wants to move so bad – He just watches Luke travel around the room and wants to follow with every ounce of his being. He attempts to crawl – but still can’t coordinate his hands and legs together – only separately…which usually lands him face first on to the floor. It never deters him though – he’s very persistent.

We’re still working through a lot of sleep issues with Will – but that aside, he’s an incredibly good natured, happy baby boy now. Thank the Lord the colicky stage is coming to an end! There were days he screamed so much I thought I would lose my mind. It’s nice to hear him jabber and giggle instead of scream and cry constantly.

Luke seems to be a bit more possessive of his toys lately – sometimes he’s really good about sharing and playing with Will – other times he whisks his toys out of Will’s hands and reach – and then proceeds to chuck all of Will’s toys clear across the room so Will is left with nothing. I, of course, make him give them back – which sometimes is not the way I had imagined…like Luke chucking them back at Will...ahhhh – the joys of parenthood! =) I’m sure the real fun begins when Will is old enough to fight back – eeek!!! =)

There are sweet moments of play though – when Luke and Will play side by side - or even attempt to play with each other (as much as an infant and toddler can.) I hope and pray that these boys will have an amazing bond and friendship.

Well, I must make a grocery list and hit the commissary. There’s still a lot I’d like to blog about – but it’ll have to wait until I have more time – maybe one of these days the boys will nap and/or go to bed at the same time…that would be nice….=)

Here’s some pics from the last few weeks!

Will started semi-sitting last week...

Then he started to get himself up further and further...

Then yesterday he did this! He was so excited!



Two nights in a row - Luke somehow managed to find the diaper rash cream - and rub it all over his face and in his hair. That stuff is so hard to get off!! He had to have a shower after each time...and giving Luke a shower is quite the adventure. He hates it so much that he screams like a screech monkey the whole time.



Here are the boys "playing"...



"I'm gonna getcha mama!"


Luke loves to read...especially books about cars, trucks and trains...


Will officially outgrew his co-sleeper. As you can see - not much room to sleep or move around.


Much more room! Sleeping in his crib!


I built a fort for Luke out of Will's floor mat. He was loving it!



More later!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love the fat rolls! Little Will may not be so little but he sure is cute! Glad Luke is feeling better and having fun in his fort!