Friday, July 18, 2008

Coffee Daydreams...


I love coffee. I think I always have. I can vividly remember waking up each morning as a young child to the scrumptious crisp smell of my dad making coffee. Ah – the aroma of coffee…It’s fresh roasted fragrance is nothing short of beautiful. In fact, as I sit here typing this, I have a large green mug of hot coffee right in front of me. A little hazelnut creamer and a small pinch of sugar – a tasty treat that soothes my very soul.

If I could, I would enjoy a fresh cup of brewed coffee every morning on a porch swing on a white veranda overlooking a beautiful morning landscape with the clean crisp smell of morning surrounding me. Of course that’s a pipedream! =) My mornings consist of screaming kids, poopy diapers, sippy cup melt-downs and such. Of course I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but sometimes I long for the “fantasy” of a quiet cup of coffee on the veranda (which we don’t have either…nor the porch swing nor the beautiful landscape! LOL!) A girl can dream right? =)

Well, my daydreaming is over – Will just woke up from his short nap and is now banging the remote on the desk and intermittingly pinching my arm as he sits on my lap. This makes typing…and especially daydreaming a little more complicated! =)

I hope you all have a wonderful, enjoyable Friday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now I need to go fix a cup of my own!

chris said...

I hope you saved a spot on that swing for me!

Man, I am dreaming of my toes in the sand...

Anonymous said...

I love the swing idea and everything too...especially on your anniversary!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Sorry you are not together today but know we continue to pray for both of you and how God is using you today and will be in the future. We love you both! God bless!

Andrea said...

I think that you deserve a specialty coffee at the java place-even if it is pricey!

I hope that you have a restful week! At least it is cool here! I don't miss that hot, humid, Texas weather :).

Take care! :)

Erica said...

There is nothing better than a great big cup of joe to start the day. We have become such coffee snobs that we will only drink extra bold Sumatra blends. And to think a few years ago I wouldn't touch the stuff!

Steve and Judy said...

Your next delivery of D&D coffee is in the mail. The scenery and the fresh early morning pot are waiting for you in Maryland. I will work on the swing for the patio in the back yard facing the river. We miss you and can't wait to get you home. MeMe doesn't drink coffee so Guka needs someone to share that coffee with. We love you!

Guka & MeMe