Monday, July 21, 2008

July 20, 2002 - Our Wedding




I thought, in honor of our 6th wedding anniversary, I would share some pictures from the big day. =) First off, I want to say a HUGE thank you to my Uncle Larry who took a ton of amazing pictures of our wedding. It was the best wedding present ever! Every moment of the day was caught on film – and I love looking through the pictures and reminiscing of the day. So, without further ado – a few pictures from our wedding!



Here we are decorating the church the day before - it was a big job, but a lot of people jumped right in and made the church beautiful!


Rehearsal...



The Rehearsal Dinner theme was patriotic in honor of Chris's military career.




THE BIG DAY!




Chris had to be dragged into the church...


Ladies Man!


They guys being goofy...


My beautiful bridesmaids!


Brothers helping each other out...


Admiring the flowers...


The wedding party...


The girls and I...


The guys and Chris...


The cutest flower girl ever!


Our parents and grandparents...










The Wedding...




Vows...



Chris sang to me - how sweet!


The Unity Candle...


Communion...


Exchanging Rings...


The Kiss!


We are now Mr. and Mrs.!




We both love music and incorporated quite a bit of it in the wedding. Kerri, my sister, did a fabulous job running the soundboard for us.


My friend from high school, Joann, played the flute...


Katie, who has an amazing voice, sang "How Beautiful"...


Chris's parents sang "No Other One"...and Mom Judy didn't even cry! =)


Hugs after the ceramony...




Bubbles!




The "get-away" car!




Making our entrance into the first reception...


We are all glistening because it was hotter than hot!




Kara, my maid of honor, gave the funniest toast I have ever heard! I still laugh when I think about it! You rock Kara! =)


Randy, Brother and the Best Man, sharing childhood memories…


Our fathers sharing words of wisdom and love...




We gave our moms roses to symbolize the joining of two families...


Cutting the cake! We had cupcakes for our wedding cake - but also had a cake topper we could cut...as you can see, we didn't know the first thing about cutting cake since we sliced it right down the middle! =)


Cake in the face! Well, we were actaully pretty nice to each other...


The garter...


The second reception was at a local park. We had a cookout and softball game!












We were all pretty tired at the end of the day, but it was an AMAZING day!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Hard to believe how the time flies. Corey and I just had our 4 year. I loved looking at all your pictures! Hope you have a great week!

Anita said...

Happy Anniversary Mindy! I remember that BIG day. You were beautiful!! I know it is hard spending this day without Chris! But just think of how MANY more you will get to spend together!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!! - But, with a beautiful bride and handsome groom, you wouldn't expect anything else. I was happy to be there to witness those vows.
You know that you, Chris and the boys hold a special place in my heart. Love to all - Aunt Lois

Erica said...

Happy anniversary! I love spending anniversaries alone, don't you? Ugh. I loved looking at all the pics! Looks like it was a picture perfect day. I didn't realized that Gpa married you guys too! Here's to many more years for the two of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I remember watching your wedding video just after the fellas left Ft. Riley for the sandbox. Clearly, the love between you has grown even more beautiful.

Sorry you're apart today. More beautiful memories to come.

Barb

Unknown said...

It was the happiest day of my life!

Anonymous said...

Did I really take those pictures? Thinking of you four always. It was a beautiful day!
Love
Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

Was it hot that day? I don't remember that! Happy belated anniversay! We love you guys!
Randy and Jamie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wedding day that was...it doesn't seem possible that it has been six years!
I still remember the night that you and Chris finally approched the "question". Armed with a load of "facts" (written down) you two worked so hard to convince me that you both were ready to get married.
Well, you two are a wonderful couple - with two great kids too!
Sorry for the "late" wishes I was at Camp & Assembly but know that we love you all very, very much.
Dad