Thursday, May 28, 2009

Good News!

We finally got word that Chris is safely back in Germany! Praise the Lord! YAY! Whooohoooo!

Thank you to all who supported, encouraged and prayed for him and us throughout this deployment. Praise God we're finally at the end - 14 months is sure a long time!

As much as the boys and I dreamed and hoped to be at the redeployment ceremony to welcome Chris back - it just wasn't possible. Finances (plane tickets overseas are quite expensive!) and lack of lodging were our biggest obstacles. Though we moved back to the states we had still really hoped to get back to Germany for this very exciting day, so in some ways, it feels a bit incomplete for me (though don't get me wrong - I am VERY happy and VERY relieved that he is home safe and sound.) I feel guilty that Chris didn't have his family there to welcome him home after a VERY long deployment - and there's just something that feels a bit incomplete because even though the deployment is over...the separation is not. Anyway, enough of my random wistful thoughts and longings! =)

At this point I really just want to focus on how WONDERFUL it is to know that Chris is on this side of the deployment and back in Germany! Yeeeehaaawww! =) I know that he is craving some down time - some time to sleep - and some time to just relax and do nothing! He will have a period of reintegration then it'll be back to work...but I think things will be less stressful now.

That's all the details I have for now! Hopefully Chris will have internet soon and can fill in all the massive blanks when he gets a chance. I do want to say again - THANK YOU for your support, encouragement, and prayers - it has meant the world to us!


A friend of mine from Germany sent me this picture of Chris from the redeployment ceremony. It was such a wonderful email to receive - words can't even begin to express how great it was to open the email and see his smiling face. Thank you so much for taking and sending me this photo Casey! It means the world to me! Even though we weren't able to be at the ceremony - we are now able to catch a glimpse of his first moments home.


Welcome Home, Chris!

8 comments:

Steve said...

Chris,
So glad you are back in Germany!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad to hear you are back from the sandy place, Chris!

--Jenny

Steve and Judy said...

Welcome home, Chris. We love you and are so proud of you. Can't wait to see you in a few.

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!! Mom Shotts

Unknown said...

WoooooHoooooo!

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the great news Chris.
Pam

Unknown said...

Yeah! Glad to hear the good news!

Andrea said...

That is great news! I am sure he misses you guys, too. This has been a month full of welcoming back troops. My husband left about a month ago for a deployment-good timing, eh??

Good to hear from you. If you come back to Germany, let me know. It would be nice to see you. Take care of those sweet boys!