Sunday, June 01, 2008

Memorial Day Link

I know I'm a week late on this, but I have a special place in my heart for Memorial Day, and not because of BBQ and softball (although I love both of them, too).

This is a link to an awesome story. It's very, very sad, but also an amazing and powerful description of what happens to a fallen soldier from when he dies to when he's buried. It was written recently and published in Esquire magazine (so pay no mind to the half naked ladies in the ads around the story-it's worth reading to just ignore them).

The Things That Carried Him

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day, and took at least a few moments to remember those guys and girls who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

1 comment:

Steve and Judy said...

Hi Chris,

I just read the whole article and remembered again the ultimate sacrifice of our young men and women. The Chaplain David Sparks mentioned in the article is from our district. He is a Nazarene pastor and we've heard him speak of his experience as the chaplain at Dover AFB. He really cares about these soldiers and their families.