Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Carrots and Cake...

I know it’s a bit early, but I decided to try Will out on some baby food. I mixed a small amount of carrots with some rice cereal. He really seemed to enjoy it! He still has to learn how to "eat," but he was getting it down pretty good. I would put the spoon in his mouth – he would look a bit confused – then when he got a taste of the food, he’d give me a big smile! Luke was happy to see Will eat too. He’d keep saying, “more – Will…” meaning “Mommy give Will more food.” =)

I may hold off on giving him anymore for another week or so though. His tummy was a tiny bit upset last night. It calmed down quickly with a dose of Mylicon. Since he doesn’t really NEED baby food until he’s about 6 months, we can take our time getting there.




Will has been doing lots of push-ups, pushing himself to his knees, pushing himself on his hands and toes, and scootching backwards on his knees…this boy wants to move! It’s amazing how quickly he catches on to these things – I think it’s because he can watch Luke. I’ve heard that the second child will learn things so much faster because they can watch their older siblings. How true I'm learning this is! Will intently watches Luke constantly - he can't wait to be able to run around with him I think! Woe is me on that day!!! I feel like I have my hands full enough with one who can run and one who can roll...I can't imagine how exhausting it's going to be when they BOTH are running around!

Push-up!


"Now if I could only figure out how to move up here..."





Luke has become a bit camera shy…which is why I haven’t been able to post a lot of pictures of him lately. I’m sure it’s just a stage he’s going through. He does like taking the pictures though – of himself, Will, his toys…of course this has to be done with Mommy since the camera is WAY to expensive to let him take and run with. Here are a few pictures I've managed to catch of him here and there.





Luke has been really into the topic of Birthday’s. He sings Happy Birthday to everything – his trucks, himself, his toys, the bugs on the outside of the windows…you name it, he’ll sing happy birthday to it. (sounds more like, “happy toovoo”. ) I decided to make a cake earlier this week – and of course Luke thought it was birthday time! When I sat a piece of cake in front of him - he said, “mmmmm – birfday!” It was so cute!


"Can I have a bath now?"




Though the boys still have a bit of a runny nose, they are doing SO much better. I feel better as well. YAY! We’re back in our routine…which makes us all happier. Playgroup, walks outside, time with friends – yay! It’s great to have everyone well at the same time again! Please pray we can maintain our health.

Luke and Will "playing" together...



Speaking of playgroup, I need to run! Luke LOVES to go and doesn’t want to miss a single moment. I enjoy it just as much...but not for the toys, for the fellowship with other adults!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will is so strong! That's amazing. I can't believe he's already pushed up on his knees. I love the car on the head. Too cute. Happy carrots, Will. =)

Barb

Unknown said...

Hey Mindy! It will take me all day to catch up on your blogs from the last month!! Will is growing so much. Avery is now into food too - and likes most everything. It is amazing how fast they change and grow up. Love all the pictures!

Miss you all!
Holly

Amber said...

Hey lady! Hope all is well. Miss you. Give my future son-in-law and his brother a kiss for me :)

Amber said...

P.S. Holy double chin batman!

Anita said...

I hate to tell you this - but you are right about the second one doing things faster than the first. Creed learned how to do all sorts of awnry things by watching Kady! It is nice in a way - but two mobile at the same time keeps you busy!