Friday, June 20, 2008

"Bu-bye No-no"

I didn’t realize how far behind I was until I looked at my pictures! EEEK! So, instead of posting a million pictures to one blog, I split them up on different blogs. So this is the update blog with a few pictures and then scroll down for many more picture blogs. =)

Will is still sick – but the last two nights we were actually able to sleep in bed. We’ve been sleep-sitting on the couch since Sunday night. He’s been so stuffed up he was having a hard time breathing…so sleeping propped up in Mommy’s arms seemed to help a bit.

Luke has just started to mend from his intestinal issues…and of course has now caught Will’s cold. And I have managed to catch it too…woke up this morning with all the early symptoms. Blah. Ugh. I am SO sick of all the sickness. I’m not sure the last time we were all well for over a week and a-half. Oh well – it could be worse.

I know it may sound a bit silly, but Extreme Makeover Home Edition always puts me in my place. Most Monday nights as I rock Will or try to get something done around the house, I tune in. And then I’m humbled. There are so many people out there that have huge struggles in their lives – and though we’re dealing with a 15 month deployment, living overseas and constant sickness – it’s not even close to what a lot of other people have to endure. Chris will come home, we’ll go back to the states, and the boys will get better. We’re blessed and I need to remind myself of that. Many times I’ve had to check myself as I feel like shaking my fist at the sky – and then I’m reminded of how God has ALWAYS taken care of us and NEVER forsaken us. This may be the hardest thing I’ve ever done – but I don’t do it alone. God is my refuge – my provider – my everything!

Just a few cute stories on the boys – then I’ll let you move on to the pictures. =)

For the last few months, Luke’s been saying, “Bu-bye” to things as we leave the house. It’s really quite cute. Usually it’s to his toys – “Bu-bye puppy.” “Bu-bye twuck” – yesterday as we were leaving to go to Playgroup, he waved at the red scribbled coloring on the hall wall (I know, it’s sad that I haven’t cleaned it off yet) and said, “Bu-bye no-no.” Then this morning he waved at the dinning room table (where I had accidently left a bowl of grapes out after supper – then this morning he wanted some and I told him they were dirty so he couldn’t have any…) and said, “Bu-bye dirty.” He cracks me up!

At playgroup there is an Ambulance truck that he likes to play with. It has a button on it that will trigger a siren and lights when pushed. At home we have a small ambulance truck. It has no button. This morning while he was playing in his room, he asked me where the button was. I told him it didn’t have a button. Then he looked at the ambulance and said, “Dead?” Now I don’t usually use that word around him – but we’ve seen some dead bugs here and there. He’ll be curious as to why they aren’t moving so I’ve had to tell him they’re dead. I guess he doesn’t quite understand what the word means though! I didn’t know what to tell him about the ambulance. =)

Chris sent Luke a Grover doll for his birthday. It finally came in the other day (our mail has been running REALLY slow.) However, Will seemed to take a liking to the Grover doll. The second he saw it, his eyes got big, he started waving his arms around, stood up straight in his entertainer and started grabbing for the stuffed Grover. Soooo…Grover is now Will’s. He loves to gnaw on his bright pink nose and furry blue arms and legs. Luke has been such a sweet big brother and generously let Will take over his birthday present - even retrieving it from the floor when Will drops it. Is Luke a good big brother or what! =)




Will is becoming more and more mobile. He likes to roll around the living room and he’s even started pushing himself up on his knees and pushing himself backwards (here he is scooting backwards.)


He likes his toys well enough – but if any of Luke’s toys are around – he wants those more. Typical little brother behavior. =) So he’s learned to roll and scoot himself around the floor to get to Luke’s toys. Here you can see the story unfold…

Ah-ha! Luke's toys...I have found them at last...


Now all I have to do is reeeeeach in and get what I want...


I want this...


Well, maybe if I tip it over I can have them all...


They're mine! They're all mine - muhahahaha!


I have tired rice cereal and fruit flavored rice cereal a few more times. He has yet to become a fan. A few times I’ve given him a taste of applesauce – which he loves! I guess he just wants some flavor! I think I’m going to start mixing baby food into the rice cereal…I think he’ll gobble it down then. I’m just going to wait until he feels better and then we’ll give it a shot.

In other news, housing came and cleaned the mold. Let’s hope that helps with the air quality. From what I understand, the mold issues we have in our dinning room are the result of water seeping into the walls. I think I would be scared to see what is growing in these walls! Scary!

Well, I’m going to sign off for now. My eyes are watering from this cold, Luke is whining and squirming on my lap, and Will is waking up from his nap (for once he took a morning nap! IT’S A MIRACLE!)

Don’t forget there are more pictures below!

No comments: