Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rocking Chair Fun...

Thank you for all your votes on the Halloween Costumes! There’s still time to cast your vote if you haven’t done so yet. We’ll be making our final decision in the next few days.

There’s not too much to report on this week. I had another doctor’s appointment that lasted maybe 5 minutes. Everything is on track and the baby is measuring correctly. His heartbeat is good. I also had my glucose test on Friday, and the results came back fine. In fact, the doctor joked that it was so low, I could have all the sugar I wanted! =) I’ll be 27 weeks tomorrow. It’s still a long way from 40, but it’s over half-way, so that’s exciting. The belly’s getting big – and I know it’ll double its size in the next few months. I’ve been having a lot of Braxton Hicks this time around. With Luke I didn’t really experience a lot of Braxton Hicks, but this time around I have them all the time. I feel lots of movement – kicks, punches – somersaults. The baby also hangs out a lot on my right side. If I try to sleep on my right side at night, he throws a fit – he kicks and punches until I finally roll over to my left. I can already tell he’s going to be a strong-willed child! We are still debating names – but I think we may be close to a decision.

Luke is doing pretty well. He’s been fighting a cold for about a week now – and has decided to share it with me. I just hope Chris gets lucky and doesn’t get it. He’s usually the lucky one in our family that rarely get’s sick.

Fall has definitely established itself here. We’ve had frost on the ground and cold cold mornings for awhile now. The trees are beautiful. A lot of them have already lost most of their leaves…which means winter must be on it’s way. I’m hoping to find some really warm German made coats and boots that will withstand the Baumholder mountain winters that we’ve heard so much about. As long as there’s not a blizzard raging when I go into labor, I’ll be fine with whatever weather we have this winter.

Alrighty, I’ll leave you with a few pictures and a video. I do hope all is going well with each and every one of you.

Enjoy!





Luke loves to brush his teeth! Here are some pictures of his nightly teeth time...











Luke has learned to climb up in the rocking chair. He loves sitting and rocking!







I have a cute little video of Luke climbing in and out of the rocker - then clapping for himself and saying "Yaaaaay!" but I've tried to upload it all day long and I can't seem to get it on here. I'll try again tomorrow. So for now, I'll post this. Bed is calling my name! =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chris and Mindy!

Glad to hear things are going well. I know what you mean when you talk about the somersaults or whatever else they are doing inside of us...busy, busy.

Oh, yeah, I vote for the dinosaur...

Teniah Ashlyn said...

The pictures are great! - Sorry to hear you have such a restless guy in there! haha....It's nice that he is so active, however, I'm sure there are moments when you wish he would just relax! ha....How is your nausea? Are you able to function a little better now? I wish you were closer by...I miss you! You are such a great friend........

Keep posting updates so we know what's going on! - Hey, when is your actual due date?