Saturday, October 06, 2007

Dear Sweet Tiger…



My dear sweet Tiger passed away today. He's been in kidney failure for awhile now, and his poor kidneys just couldn't keep up anymore. He's been my wonderful kitty for the last 20 years - and I feel really blessed that we have had that long with him. Since we moved to Germany, Tiger and Little One have been staying with my parents - who love them just as much as I do. I'm very saddened by losing Tiger, but am so blessed that I have had so many great memories and years with my wonderful pet. So, here are a few pictures of my Tiggy. Oh and my tribute - a poem I wrote about Tiger in grade school. I used to quote it all the time - Chris and those I went to college with can attest to that! =) I thought it would be appropriate to end with the poem:

Tiger – written in 1993

Tiger is my tabby cat
I know he’d like to chase a rat
Although I know he’s much too fat
To do a nutty thing like that.

His eyes are closed
His ears alert
With every sound
They give a jerk.

When Tiger plays
He makes me laugh
Tiger is
My perfect cat.








I’ll miss you Tiggy!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh...I cried when I read that. Tiger was my one true love :) I will miss him dearly. He was such a good cuddler...that is when he could make it up onto the couch. I am so sorry that you had to be away from him these past few months. He truly was a great cat! Love you and I will be thinking about you :)

Amber

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace Tiger.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mindy,

Our hearts go out to you. We were so glad to have the opportunity to get to know Tiger in Manhattan and he was an awesome cat. Even in his twilight years, he was pretty spunky and MR. PERSONALITY. I'm glad you had so long to share your life with him and shower him with the love he so richly deserved. He is with the angels now - still stout and happy - no doubt.

Love the photo of Riley and Tiger looking out the window.

Love to you all.

Dan and Barb

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sad! Autumn wants to know if Tiger was the oldest living cat in the world. Love the picture of him in the basket. I'm sure he's chasing rats in Heaven (if he's not too fat).
~LORIE

Cherry said...

I'm so sorry about Tiger! Maybe Monster and him will be friends up in Heaven. Course now I miss Monster too. Why is it we have to get so attached to these crazy animals? (sign)

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I'm so sad to hear about Tiger, Mindy, I know how special he was to you.....All my thoughts are with you and I really am sorry that you had to be away from him when all this was going on. I agree with all your other friends that he is definitely chasing rats and being fat and lazy as he waits for you in heaven! Just think of how big and fat he will be by the time you get there! =) haha.....I know how special animals are and especially when they have been with you through so much of your life - wow, 20 years, he lived a long and wonderful life!!! Love you....

Unknown said...

*Snifffffff*

At least now he gets to chase the rats up in heaven, right? And he can sleep and be lazy all he wants up there.

I'll definitely miss that old man... Will be thinking of you too - love the poem :-) So funny, and so true!

Hugs
~Kerri