Friday, September 07, 2007

Slow Progress...

Hello All!


Progress has been slow in unpacking. The challenges of trying to unpack while pregnant with a rambunctious wiggly worm of a toddler is proving to be…interesting. =)


Challenges unpacking and moving furniture while pregnant:


1. Your belly gets in the way. =) I’ve been shocked that I haven’t been able to pick up and move boxes and furniture like I used to. I’m not a strong or muscular person, but when it comes to moving furniture and lugging boxes around – I can do my fair share…until now! I guess it’s because I can’t find any good leverage with my belly sticking out. I have to hold boxes way out in front of me or to the side – which means they can’t be huge or heavy boxes.


2. You tire quickly. In the morning I’m pretty motivated. Of course for the bigger jobs, I have to wait until Luke goes to bed at night – i.e. unpacking the kitchen. However, by the time Luke goes to bed, I don’t have any energy left to even think about unpacking – let alone a big job like washing all the dishes and finding a place to put them all. If only our dishwasher was working…that would help. Maybe it’s silly to feel like I need to wash all our dishes. They were washed before they were packed – but that was months ago! And they’ve been in trucks and boats and storage units along the way.


3. You can’t drink 12 cups of coffee every other hour. I will admit, I’ve started drinking 1 cup of coffee in the mornings again, but I know that 12 cups would be going WAY overboard…that will have to wait until the baby comes…sigh…=)


4. Bending Over. It’s becoming harder and harder to bend over and pick things up off the floor…too bad all the boxes are on the floor! =)


Challenges of unpacking with a wiggly-worm-never-sit-still-all-over-the-place-toddler:


1. It’s impossible. =)


2. Everything you try to put away gets unput away by the Wiggle Worm.


3. Mr. Wiggle Worm runs all over the house – and with boxes and furniture everywhere, it’s not exactly babyproof right now…meaning, mommy runs all over the house making sure Wiggle Worm isn’t pulling a stack of boxes down.


4. When I can put Wiggle Worm and myself in a room to work on boxes and shut the door, I do so…but then refer to challenge number 2.


5. Nap times – what I thought would be the perfect time to work…except loud noises and scooting boxes and walking from room to room wake up little Wiggle Worm...=) I mean, I don’t mind leaving him in his pack-n-play until nap time is over if he wakes up early, but he’s a mega-grouch if he doesn’t get his naps in…thus I’m more motivated to let him sleep. Mr. Grouchy Wiggle Worm is 100 times harder to deal with the just Mr. Wiggle Worm.


We have managed to set up our living room area in a somewhat livable way for now. I was able to put down the rug so Luke would have a softer place to play. The guest room is getting close to being finished as well. I still have A TON of clothes to wash – they smell a little musty after being packed away for the last few months, so that’ll take awhile to complete. I am REALLY excited that tomorrow is Saturday. Chris will be home to help and it’ll be an extra set of eyes and hands to keep an eye on Mr. Wiggle Worm.


Movers came yesterday to pick up our government furniture, so Luke’s room is finally free to start fixing up! YAY! We even got some of our orders from Target yesterday. The bedspread I ordered is a bit big for his crib, but we’ll just hang it over the side until he moves to his big boy bed. I’ll post pictures once we get it all set up.


The weather here has definitely turned to the cooler side. It feels like fall! In fact, we may need to start turning the register on in Luke’s room during the nights. I’ve even had to start wearing socks! We will definitely be investing in some warm coats for the Germany mountain winters.

Yesterday marked 21 weeks for Baby Bee! It’s nice to finally be on the second half of the pregnancy. I’ve been feeling a lot better. I still get sick at times, but every day seems to bring more relief then the last. I thank God for this great relief. I was so tired of feeling so sick all the time. Baby Bee has been moving around and kicking – I have a feeling he/she will be just as active as his/her older brother!


I don’t really have pictures for this blog. I think I have a couple, so I’ll make up for it next time around.


We love and miss you all!





Luke "helping" mommy put Christmas decorations in the trunk...



Mr. Wiggle Worm finding any way possible to get up and run around on the couch. This was right before the movers came to take these away...one less couch and chair to worry about him climbing up on. =)



I had to add this picture in for Riley, Tiger and Little One. It was taken a couple years ago. We miss our pets like crazy! Mom and Dad Shotts and Mom and Dad Scott, please give them all a hug and kiss for us! =)


More later!

3 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I LOVED the description of "Pregnant Mover" and "Mr. Wiggle Worm"......you're a trip! I don't know how in the world you are managing, but you seem to be getting a grip on it all very well. =)

By the way, I definitely would wash every single dish and every piece of clothing! I always do, so I don't think you are crazy!

I cannot wait to see what you got at Target! How exciting! I am always really nervous ordering things off the internet, but living where you and I do we don't have a choice, really! =) I have found that everything from JC Penney is actually a shade lighter than what it appears on my screen. I'm always really nervous until it gets here and then I am very pleasantly surprised that it isn't as bright as I was expecting! =)Hopefully since Germany is a little more popular for military folks than Korea you won't have as much trouble having things shipped to APO. I would forever be frustrated that I would spend hours finding just the right item only to get to the final check-out and have them say that they would not ship to my address!!!! (I still get that....I had found these perfect and cheep curtains at Overstock.com and they would not ship to Valdez!) In some cases it's worth it to ship it to your folks and have them mail it to you! (That's what I did with my watch from Target when they wouldn't ship to Tok....) Anyway....Good luck with all your internet shopping adventures and I can't wait to see everything!!

Oh, one more thought - is there a day care on post that you could drop Luke off at just for a few hours? It might give you a break to get a few things done. - And don't push yourself so hard...relax and take a nap when you need to and don't stress over it. EVENTUALLY it will all get done! =)Put the old man on it and tell him that on Saturday you will relax with Mr. Wiggle Worm while he unpacks!! haha....(Can't you just imagine how beautifully your home would be decorated!?)

Anonymous said...

It is nice to know I have not been forgotten. I am having a good time in Maryland with my pal Kailee and Grandpa and Grammy Scott. I have had a busy day today. I woke up and ate breakfast, went outside to " you know ". Went back to bed, got up and walked to the other end of the house to look out the sliding glass door. After awhile I went back to bed. Wow, after dinner, I think I might turn in early, what a day! I miss you all and hope to see you soon.

Riley

Amber said...

The picture of the animals made me cry a little. These darn post-partum hormones :) MINDY! Take it easy. You are PREGNANT! You shouldn't be lifting much of anything. Take care of yourself and your little ones. The house will come along eventually. I tried calling you, but found out we do not have the option of making international calls on our phone because we have digital phone. I have no idea what difference that makes, but apparently it does. I miss you guys like crazy and I wish you were here...or I was there...or the trip between here and Germany wasn't quite so far. Love you!

Amber