Sunday, September 02, 2007

Doctor's Appointment and Rugs...

Hello all!

Today we had our “real” doctor’s appointment. =) I was able to see the Chief of the Department – who is really great. He sees patients while he’s on-call, which is why I had a Sunday afternoon appointment. He also comes to Baumholder every so many weeks to see patients here, so that’s even better! I should be able to do the bulk of my appointments close to home. It looks like the baby is doing really well. Dr. Jackson did an ultrasound - and although I asked if he could see a third leg, Baby Bee was not in a cooperative position for finding out the for-sure gender. I guess he/she wants to keep it a secret for a little while longer. Hopefully he/she will be in a different position when we got our official ultrasound. The heart beat was good and the head, belly and leg measurements of Baby Bee were good as well. The only possible issue (and it’s not a for-sure issue at this point, so I’m not sweating it yet) is that my placenta is low-laying right now. It’s not cause for concern at this point, because in most cases, it positions itself in the right place as the pregnancy continues. They’ll probably check again once I near the end of the pregnancy, but like I said – at this point it’s nothing to worry about. In fact I read that as many as 1 in 4 pregnancies may have a low-laying placenta in the early stages of pregnancy. Dr. Jackson also filled my Zofran prescription without even blinking…yay for an understanding doctor!!! I’ll have my next appointment at the end of the month.

In other news, we were able to purchase a few rugs for the floor. We didn’t spend quite as much money as we thought we would – but it still added up to quite a bit. I like what we got though – and they’re much better quality then the ones we’ve bought in the past.

Tomorrow is a big day! Finally our household items will be delivered! It’ll be a lot of work to unpack, but I’m just so excited to finally have our own stuff again.

Today we tried the traditional Protestant service on-post today. It was nice, but a lot more "traditional" than we’re used to. We also didn’t find out until half-way through that they have a nursery…meaning Chris spent pretty much the whole service watching Luke play in the rocks outside the chapel. The people were really nice and the Chaplain assigned to Chris’s unit did the service. If there were more options around, we would probably search more and just see what else was out there. However, we really don’t have many more options. I think we’ll adjust soon – but I may complain every whipstitch about the lack of peppy music. =)

On to pictures!


Here, Chris just unrolled our Dining Room rug. Luke thought it was the best thing ever!

Daddy and Luke unrolling the Living Room rug...

Luke was so excited about the new rugs (afterall, he's been walking on cold tile since we moved in.) He had to check out every aspect of the rugs. He crawled all over them...

Ran from one rug to the next...and then back again...over and over and over...

Then he would sit and examine the designs on them...

Here is a full picture of the Living Room Rug...

Full picture of the Dining Room Rug...

Full view of the hall runner. It's 12ft, but it looks pretty short in the hall.

Luke LOVES watching all the shapes on Window's Media Player. I'll put on some Baby Einstein (baby classical music) and he just loves to sit and watch it. He usually gets up to dance to it after watching it for awhile.

Here he is clapping to the music and shapes.

20 weeks - what a belly!

Baby Bee is growing like a champ!

I'll post pictures of the big "move-in" later!

Hope all is going well!

4 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Yeah, how exciting! I know what a difference it makes to have your REAL stuff...when I got back from Korea and FINALLY got to have my stuff unpacked in AK it was like Christmas!!! I'm so happy for you guys.....LOVE the rugs - very pretty and adds style and dimension to the room - Also, I loved the pictures of you and your beautiful baby - you look so beautiful pregnant (I mean you're beautiful all the time, but you know what I mean....You have that glow!!) Love you!

Amber said...

yay for belly pictures!!! The rugs look great. I can't wait to see the rest of the move in pics. Love you guys!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you look so beautiful! And I love the green rug.

Glad your appointments can be closer to home. You're in our thoughts with the prgnancy. I'm sure you and Baby Bee are and will continue to be healthy. Your placenta, too. Don't read too much online - it can make you crazy!

Lots of love from Dan and Barb and our little zoo.

Tiffany Barrett said...

Hey hey guys, Looks like you are transiting nicely. Malindalynn...you are the cutest... you are able to keep your skinny figure while being pregnant. I just hope I am that lucky.
Hope all is well with the family.