Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Move-In

Hey all!

Our stuff is finally here! It was a loooong day yesterday, but a happy one nonetheless. We were so tired last night, we were in bed before 9:30pm. I know, we’re getting old. =) I’m not sure I’ve ever gone to bed that early when there was a house full of unpacked boxes…but that’s what pregnancy does to you. On all of our previous moves, I’ve stayed up most of the night unpacking and getting things settled…and usually I would work like that until the job was done. That won’t be the case this time though. =) I tire VERY quickly…not to mention trying to keep an eye on Luke during the day as well as keep him out of trouble and unpack at the same time…well, it’s not working very well. I will have to take advantage of his two nap times and do all I can then. After that, we’ll see what actually get’s accomplished. =) Speaking of nap time, Luke just went to sleep, so I’m going to post pictures and get busy on this house!

More Later!


As with any move, there are always some glitches. Our first glitch was that housing won't be able to come pick up our government furniture until Thursday. Meaning we had to put as much of it as we could in one room to have it all out of the way of the movers. Which means, we won't have access to using the room until they come and get all the furniture...and it just so happens that we had to use Luke's room for it. So, sadly, we have to wait a few more days to put his crib up. Right now he still has residence in the guest room. =)

This is early on in the move - we still have energy!

Luke and I took our posts in the "Government Furniture" room so we would be out of the way of the movers...

At first, Luke was content to watch the movers carry things in...

After a few minutes of that, he was ready to get out and see what was going on for himself...


Of course, I wouldn't let him, so he threw a fit...

When the movers took a break, we let Luke go check out the living room. He wanted to tear into all the boxes, climb all the furniture, and drag whatever he could around...
We started to notice that some of our stuff wasn’t coming in - in the best of condition. Here the top brass handle was broken off of our bedside chest. Luckily they were able to find it in the truck and I think we can repair it. There's more damaged things, but so far nothing we can't live with or fix.

The day was cold and rainy. When the movers took their lunch break, Chris and I went around wiping the rain off all our furniture. Luke saw us doing it, and wanted to help too!

Daddy letting Luke stand on the dresser - yikes! Don't worry, Chris held on to him the whole time.

How much stuff do we have?! Every time we move I say I'm going to cut down...and yet we still have more then I ever remember!

Luke thought this white broom was the best find of the day! He dragged it everywhere he went for at least an hour. Now I just need to teach him how to use it! =)


Here Luke is standing in some shelves. He's on display! =)

I'll post more later, but I better get to work while Luke is still napping!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! I especially love Luke and the sweeper :-) Who knows - maybe he'll grow up to like doing chores?

I'm glad Dr. gave you your prescription without blinking, too :-)

We miss & love you lots! Can't wait for more pics and posts.

~Kerri & MA

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Yuck..reminds me of the nightmare I was facing just 2 1/2 weeks ago...See, there is hope, and it will get done faster than you think! Just remember that there is nothing pressing and you can relax and unpack as slowly as you need to. Try not to panic! (I am like you - I always end up trying to get it done in a day or two! haha....) I know it sucks when they ruin your nice furniture, but just be encouraged that by the time your military career is all said and done you will have nothing nice left anyway! Oh, sorry, wasn't that supposed to be encouraging?! haha....I am really thinking about you guys and hope the rest of your unpacking goes well....Love you!