Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm gonna graduate!

So like I said before, I graduated from my Captain's Career Course down here at Fort Gordon on Thursday. Not really a big deal, just one of those Army blocks you have to check. The real stellar part was that we were only the second class to get to wear ACU's instead of our Class A's (the dress green uniform). Everyone was really excited about that, I think more than the actual ceremony. Mindy commented that she could tell it was bunch of captains, since the morale was less excitement and more of a "let's just get this baloney over with so we can get out of here." That is with the exception of those of us staying an extra month for another class. That really takes the excitement out of graduation.

So anyway, I'll just do the picture comment thing again. That seemed like fun for everyone, right?


Grandpa playing with Luke Thursday morning. They got in late, so Luke was pretty out of it when they arrived, and that was the first chance they had to interact with him.


Outside the auditorium before the ceremony started. I let Luke wander around, and showed him off to my friends.


It looks like it was just us...and it really was for the most part. There were several family members there, but other than that, nobody really comes. But in their defense, everyone is really busy going to lunch and surfing the internet.


Hard to see, but that's me...with my manila envelope holding my paper certificate. Oooh!


At least Luke was proud of me. He knew the long hours of shamming and making up appointments that I had put in to achieve such an honor.


This is the memorial to Signal soldiers who have died in conflicts since Vietnam, including Iraq and Afghanistan. World War II and prior are forced to create their own, I guess. In all seriousness though, take a minute or two from your barbeques this weekend to remember guys who have gone over wherever "there" may have been, and not come home. As much as I complain about the Army, I am very proud of the 0.5% of Americans that I serve with who sacrifice a lot so the other 99.5% of citizens don't have to.

Luke and I posing outside the auditorium.


Is this the same kid who was born just last year? Scary.


If there is one thing I learned from being in an artillery unit for so long, it's that sticking your face in the gun tube is bad.


I have nothing to say about this. Except that this really is my good side.


I love catching her off guard...


Signal Towers...so many memories. OK, not really. But wasn't the sky nice?
Have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay Chris! Congrats on the graduation...even if it was "no big deal" to you. I am glad you guys got to have family in town...and Luke looks like he might be looking a little better. Talk to you soon!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I love how entertaining your blogs are!! =) You guys are such a trip....congrats on the graduation, Chris....I keep meaning to tell you, Mindy, that I really like your hair darker....totally suits you!

Hope everyone is feeling better and that you enjoyed the rest of your weekend! Love the pictures...