Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

First off, I want to wish all you mother’s out there a Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for your children. You are appreciated and honored!

This last week has been very busy (as usual.) We have really gone into high gear as we only have a short time left here in Georgia. On Tuesday we went in to get our passports only to be told that all the computers were down. We were a little frustrated but not surprised. We had to reschedule once they got the system back up and running. They finally called on Thursday to schedule us in for Friday morning. So after a VERY hectic morning, we got there only to find out that Chris wasn’t able to get his passport there after all. He’d have to go to the post office and pay for it. Luckily, Luke and I were still able to submit all the paperwork for ours. So we still need to get Chris’s passport this week.

We also took our car in for some brake repairs. It had started shaking and shimming really bad. I didn’t feel comfortable taking it out anymore, so we got an appointment and dropped it off. Come to find out that the back rotors had rusted really bad…which is really interesting because the Kansas climate doesn’t seem to lend itself to rusting to such a degree. The mechanic said he’d seen one other car with rust like this and it was in Florida near the water! Who knows! =) I’m just glad it’s fixed and driving much better.

We were able to make another trip to Maryland this weekend and had a great time. We weren’t able to leave here as early as we had hoped, but we made it there around 2am on Saturday morning. Saturday we spent the morning visiting together and watching Luke pull everything he could put his hands on out of the cupboards.






Then we went to the zoo. Luke had this very serious “I’m contemplating everything I see here” look on his face. It was priceless!







After the zoo we headed to Wal-Mart for some groceries. While we were there, Luke flirted with some ladies sitting at a donation table with balloons and they gave him a big red balloon. He LOVED it! He’s never had one before and carried it around with him everywhere…well, until it popped. He seemed to take it well, although it seemed so sad to us since he’d really befriended the red balloon.







Luke had to take a quick nap with his Bunny and Jay Jay...he loves these stuffed animals!



Later we had steaks off the grill (yummy!) then headed out to a silent auction at the church.




As we left the auction, we decided to let Luke check out the playground. The fence was locked, so we were all forced to climb over the fence. Initially we all joked about jumping the fence until Chris dared Mom Scott to do it...which she couldn't refuse...it was quite hilarious!!




After that we headed home to play a hilarious game of Scattergories and then it was off to bed for all of us!

Sunday was very nice. We all went to church together and had a great lunch of Chicken and Dumplings. This is Mom Scott’s specialty…so yummy! We had such a nice time in fellowship with family! After lunch, we packed up and got everything ready to go. It took us a little longer to get on the road then we expected so it made for a late night, but it was all worth it.









Chris has been extremely busy with school. He graduates next week from this particular class and starts a new class in two weeks. He had his final PT test last week and did well. I don’t envy his 5am PT, but he’s getting in good shape and has lost some weight since we’ve gotten here.

Luke is doing great. He’s learned how to clap, and now is clapping at everything! It’s so adorable!! He’s also learned how to pull apart these cup pieces that can go together to make a ball. He has to really think about it, but he can do it. He’s so proud of himself when he gets the pieces apart! Then I’ll put them back together and he’ll pull them apart again. I love watching him learn new things. You can literally see his thought process on how to do or learn something. It’s truly amazing. I wouldn’t trade being a mom for the world – it’s the best!

We’ve been doing some baby sign-language with him and I think that he’s catching on. We’ve started off with just a few signs, and will add a few more in the coming week. Right now he’s learning “more,” “milk” and “all done.” We’re going to add “eat” and “no” next.

My parents are coming for a visit next week and I am beside myself with excitement! I can’t wait until they get here! We plan to do lots of stuff and they’re even willing to help us with a few projects while they’re here; one being the car windows and the other being a sewn activity book for Luke.

Well, that’s all for now. I hope all is going well for each and every one of you!

Lots of Love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing Luke's hand in the Fruit Loops, it's no wonder they were all stuck together this morning! What a great visit. I can't wait for your visit next Sunday for my birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love the Army...I love the Army...just keep saying it, Mindy! I'm not sure how it's possible, but Luke gets cuter every time you post pictures. I can't believe how much he's growing...11 mos??? I miss you guys!
--Jenny

kimberly said...

oh my! he looks so much like Chris.

Amber said...

I miss you guys! I wish I was there to help with this transistion...you know packing and sending boxes (ok I just couldn't resist). Luke is such a big boy and I can't believe how much he has grown since I saw him last. It just doesn't seem possible. I love you...all of you ;)