Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I got a fever, and the only prescription...

It’s me again! If you’re keeping track at home, I last checked in on April 19th, which of course I had to go back and look up. Many moons have passed, and many events have transpired….ok not that much really, but it seems like it. Mindy sure found a lot to write about in between my posts. Remember back in the day when I was the only one writing anything? Ahh, the old times. As I’ve said a hundred times, she writes better stuff about Luke than I do, so you all probably love her more. And I can live with that…I have for almost five years now.

Five years! Holy smokes. July 20th will be our 5th year anny. We’ll probably be somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean on that day, but I’ll raise a glass of the airline’s finest OJ to our happy 5th. (The gift for which is wood, evidently. I’ll expect you all to send us towel racks, hutches, bookcases, and a king-size head board – we actually need that – for the occasion.)

So I’ll try to do Mindy justice by describing our raucous lives in vivid detail. Last week we went to the store one day. Then the night after, we went to another store, and ate out. Then after that, we went to Target. Yeah baby! They sometimes refer to what we do as la vida loca. But not that often. Actually, it does seem like we’ve been busy since we got back from the MD. I’ve been running around like crazy trying to get stuff done so I can get my orders. That means I had to go get shots. I rarely if ever pull rank, but when I got to the clinic here, I made myself do it this time. They make all of us captains go to the same clinic as all of the AIT students (since we’re “students” too). I have no issue with AIT students, god bless ‘em (other than many of them are clueless…no offense to any reading this), but when there are 4000 of them and they all go to the same clinic as me, it makes waiting forever an integral part of the medical process. So I jumped to the head of the line. Hey, I have important things to do…like not sit in a room all afternoon. So sue me. I got two shots (Hep A or B number two, and Anthrax number 5! Yes!), a PPD shot, and an HIV test…I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that one. I still have to wait for my test results, so hopefully I can get my orders sometime next week. I need them so I can visit transportation and set everything up for our move, and every good Army family knows transportation is the most important stop of all. So far I’m planning on giving a half hearted effort in the class I’m about to take so I can get all this stuff done (plus the class is so I can learn a job I’ve done for three plus years).

Luke has had a tough weekend. We had discussed going to church for baby day last Sunday, but that question was answered when Luke puked all over me early that morning. It was like an exact replay of the last time we were sick (and if you haven’t heard about that adventure and why we were apprehensive, please go back and read all about it). Luke had a really bad fever and was lethargic all day, and would periodically throw up anything we tried to get him to eat. We were reduced to using the syringe to feed him a mixture of pedialyte and water. It was really sad to see the poor guy so sick. You can definitely tell when he’s not feeling well; he’s running around crazy most days, and he could barely keep himself upright this weekend. Mindy and I were also worried that we were going to get whatever he had, and end up at the ER again. Yikes. So far, though, so good. We are both fine, and Luke is doing a lot better. His fever broke yesterday, and while he still feels bad and wants to sleep a lot, we can tell he’s doing better. I wish we had captured how pathetic he was, but here are some pictures from today.




Luke’s also been on a clapping kick lately. He’s hilarious. He opens his mouth real wide and yells, and then he claps at everything now. Hear some applause on TV? Start clapping. Think you did something great? Start clapping. It’s really funny. We kinda had him saying “dada” today, and when we would clap to encourage him, he thought he could do anything to get the accolades. He wouldn’t even bother talking after that. But we should get a bona fide “dada” or “mama” pretty soon. Here’s a few clapping pictures for your enjoyment.



And a final pre-sick Luke in his high chair....kid loves his milk. Just like momma...

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...is more cow bell!

Very cute pictures as always :) Glad it's not the same sickness as last time - that was horrible just to read about!

Anonymous said...

Keep well, you guys and give Luke a hug for me! Poor baby! Oh...and Chris...shame on you pulling rank on those poor AIT boys (and girls, I suppose)! Kidding! Do what you have to!

--Jenny

Anonymous said...

pretty weak pullin rank like that!!! I would have made you get permission from everyone in line before I would have let you cut, you....cutter! Todd

Amber said...

I don't really know what AIT is, and I don't really know why you being higher rank gets you into the doctor faster...so I won't comment on that. I am not "military-lingo-savvy". But I feel so bad for Mr. Luke and I hope he makes a full recovery soon. Praying that you guys don't come down with anything and that the moving transition continues to fall into place. Love you guys!
Amber