Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fast Facts

It’s Mindy…can you believe it! I haven’t blogged since I was pregnant. I know I won’t be nearly as funny or entertaining as Chris, but I thought I would say ‘hi’ to everyone and catch you up on what’s happening in Baby Luke Land. Don’t worry, I won’t take over the blog entirely…it’ll still be Chris’s baby with an occasional blog from me. =)

First of all, thank you so much for your comments, thoughts, prayers, e-mails and phone calls. I apologize I haven’t been able to stay in contact as much as I would like to lately. We are beginning to get into a routine though, so I should be getting better. =)

Here are some fast facts on Luke: Luke is 6 ½ weeks now. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone! Now I know what parents feel when they say “you blink and they’re grown up!” As quickly as these few weeks have gone by, I feel like he’ll be walking tomorrow! Luke is huge…growing every minute. I have no idea how long he is, but he has to be at least 11-12 lbs. His skin has cleared up with the occasional baby pimple. He still has a bit of dry skin on his “old man hair” head. He’s really filled out too. He’s chubby from head to toe and oh so cute! He’s tracking things very well, sucking on his fist when a pacifier isn’t close by, he’ll look at you and really see you now, he starts with loud noises, he has developed many different expressions and cries, he makes cute little sighing noises and squeaks and grunts, he even rolled over from his stomach to his back yesterday! I think the rolling over thing was a fluke, but still, I was pretty impressed even so. We think he’s lactose intolerant for now. When I eat dairy, he gets really, really fussy and acts like he’s in a lot of pain, so I’ve had to cut dairy from my diet…which isn’t an easy thing. I’ve also cut peanuts because they seem to do the same thing. At least I can still drink coffee…for now! =) I’ll try to reintroduce dairy and peanuts later on when his digestive system is a little more mature and see if he can handle it, but for now, I’d rather have a happy baby then a glass of milk or a cheesy enchilada…and you know how much I love both of those! He’s starting to enjoy his baths and just looks at us with this perplexed expression when we wash him. The only thing he doesn’t like is the transition from the tub to the towel to a new outfit. Once he gets warmed up again he’s fine…but really, who likes the cold blast of air after getting out of a nice toasty bath or shower?

As far as postpartum Mindy, things are going well. I’ve healed nicely and things are starting to go back to normal as far as my body goes. I’ve lost about 26 pounds with about 10 more to go. My skin is still soft and stretched, but I know that takes time to rebound. I also didn’t get out of the whole thing without stretch marks…some of which I didn’t know I had because I couldn’t see the underside of my belly when I was so huge! It’s all good though and I don’t really care too much about it…as long as Luke is happy and healthy, I am as well. Feedings are going better. He’s cut his time in half. It used to take about an hour to feed him with only an hour between before he was hungry again. He’s still hungry every 2 hours, but it only takes about 20 or so minutes to feed him now. Feeding in public is something else I have to get used to. It’s hard to situate baby and blanket all while remaining modest. As much as we’re out and going though, I’m trying to learn quickly. So all in all, things are going well…busy, but good. =)

Well, Chris is ready to go back to work, so I need to sign off to take care of the baby. I do hope all is going well for everyone!!! Here are some new pictures!



Arts in the Park - we attended Oklahoma on Sunday night (Great Job Luke Petersen!) Luke Scott really enjoyed himself at the beginning, but unfortunately we had to leave before the end because his stomach started to hurt and he got really fussy.



Here is the evidence of Luke rolling over (the fluke)...I always have my camera close by! I'm obsessed with taking pictures right now!



Chris and Luke enjoying a little down time during lunch



Luke trying to warm up after a bath

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy,

It's great to hear your side of things. A mother's point of view is always so full of those great details that a grandma is just dying to know! You and Luke (and my little Christopher)look great. I am praising the Lord for his continued blessings in your lives. God is good all the time!! I miss and love you all,

Mom Mom Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi! You all look soooooo GOOD! And of course, it wasn't a "fluke"! You just have a brilliant kid!!!! Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Awww, those are pretty much the cutest batch of pictures so far. I was just saying to Sarah the other day that I wish Mindy would post on the blog soon - and then you did! Its good to hear from the mommy's side of it and in many years I'll be calling for advice!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

It was great hearing from you, Mindy! Again, you are my inspiration and I have such a high admiration for all you have been through and all you are still doing! WOW...6 1/2 weeks...you have GOT to be kidding! Time really flies by! Before we make it home he will be walking for sure! ha.....Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Are you waiting to post until his 6 month pics are taken??? I miss Luke!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy (& Luke)! I am bookmarking this blog, I love reading it! And there was a picture of me with his first Arts in the Park....oh good time!