Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Mindy, as we stand here today on our wedding day..."

OK, I can't remember the rest of that particular vow. Of course that was four years ago....TODAY! Holy smokes, we're not even eligible for the Newlywed Show now. Yes, it is indeed our 4th wedding anniversary, and my how things have changed since then. I was a newly commissioned ossifer in the Army of these United States...and was a house husband while I awaited my orders. Mindy was a studious overachieving college senior, brought low by the poor influence of her Madden-ing husband. But we lived on love, so they say...

Well who said the romance was dead? Tonight, in celebration, we will conduct two simultaneous yet also separate ceremonies. Mine will be on the softball field, and Mindy's will be at church for VBS. Yes, we will celebrate four years of wedded bliss by spending the evening apart. Oh well. We'll do something fun next week after VBS is over, even if it's just dinner. This kid has really pretty much taken over everything anyway, God bless him.

So wish us a happy anniversary, and raise your glasses to another fun four years- heck, make it forty while you're at it. But be sure to subtract time away for deployments, CTC rotations, field exercises, and other Army related marriage-builders.

I'll post some more pictures tonight or tomorrow. Have a good one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe it was four years ago we were all enjoying delicious wedding cupcakes and playing softball (or watching, for us non-sporting types). Garrick liked the picture of Luke with the playstation controller. Actually I think he's just glad I'm enjoying your pictures and not wanting one of our own yet :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I still say we had the hottest wedding in history. I will forever claim that title...

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a hot day, but I was happy to be there. Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys, Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

It was a good run, but "the hottest wedding day" title has been revoked as of September 2005 at the K. Chapin/J. Reynolds union. No worries, you still hold the titles for cutest baby and best blog.

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Definately the best blog title goes to you guys! Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that in Florida? OK, I can't compete with that. But yes, we do have the cutest baby ever. But look at us, you know? ;)