Monday, August 07, 2006

Long time gone

Hey hey hey! It’s been too long since we’ve posted…you won’t believe how much Luke has changed just within the last few weeks! He’s growing so fast! We even had to move up to the next size of diapers (Pampers Swaddlers are the bomb for future reference). He’s going to be crawling tomorrow and walking next week, and next month he’ll be in college…at least that’s how it feels. He’s still eating like a linebacker…almost every 2 hours. When I’m lucky, he’ll sometimes go 3-4 hours once or twice a day. He isn’t sleeping through the night yet either…to hungry to do that. =) Some nights he’ll wake up about every 2 hours to eat…others he’ll sleep for 3 or 4 hours, then wake up every 2 hours for the rest of the night. Speaking of hungry, he needs to eat now…be back!

Ok, I’m back. Here are the fast facts on Luke: Ok, wait, I need to change his diaper…be back…Ok, now I’m back. So here are the fast facts: Luke is now a bit over 13 pounds. He’s a chunk! He has all the cute baby chub and he looks so plump and healthy. I have no idea how long he is, but he is growing length wise as fast as he’s growing pound wise. He’s smiling now too! He’s smiled a bit here and there before, but now he’s much more consistent. He’s very ticklish on his neck, sides and feet. Right now he doesn’t think being tickled is very much fun, but maybe that’ll change a little later on. We’re still battling what foods make his stomach hurt. Right now it seems like everything makes his tummy hurt other than pop tarts and granola bars. I decided to try milk again and now I definitely know that does not set well. He just can’t take the dairy yet. He’ll cry and cry and pull his legs up, arch his back…he’s just plain miserable. So I’m back to no dairy. Most other foods give him gas, but Mylicon drops have become our best friend. I’ve had to start buying the Wal-Mart brand because he needs it so much and the name brand is so expensive. However, it works wonders when he has gas. I’ll give him the dose, he’ll smack his lips (because they’re sugary) and I’ll give him his pacifier, and soon he’s calm and not kicking his feet and thrashing his arms anymore and he’ll usually drift off to sleep. Other then being fussy because of hunger, needing to be changed and his upset stomach, he’s a very sweet, gentle happy baby. His coo’s are precious and it’s so funny to watch him get excited and pump his arms and legs, his eyes will get huge and round and sometimes he’ll get a huge smile on his face…it’s the best!

You can tell he can see farther away now, he’ll follow us with his eyes, and I think he can even see us across the room. He loves his mobiles; he’s just transfixed by them. Now when he gets tired he’ll rub and rub at his eyes and face. Usually he falls asleep sucking on his pacifier and it’ll fall out, but he continues to suck in his sleep…it’s so cute! He is incredibly strong. You’ll stand him up on your lap, and he pushes up with his legs and it’s amazing how much strength he has. He’ll just stand there and look around. I’ll lay him across my boppy pillow on the floor on his stomach and he’ll push up with his feet and try to somersault over the pillow. He’s also turning over from his stomach to his back usually at least once during his tummy time. He’s awake and alert a lot more now, so I try to take advantage of when he does sleep by cleaning, working on whatever project needs to be done at that time, running errands with him or taking a quick nap for myself. He’s beginning to look a lot like Chris. So far the only things he has from me are his eyes (which will probably change) and a dimple. The rest is all Chris.

I called to get his 2 month doctor’s appointment and vaccination time, but they weren’t able to get us in until the end of this month…so it looks like it’ll be his 3 month appt. That’s one thing I don’t like about being at the mercy of an army hospital…getting appointments at the proper time is impossible. It amazes me I was able to see a doctor at the right times during my pregnancy! I’m not looking forward to his first shots, but I’m going to have Chris go with me so we can both cuddle and comfort him afterwards. He’s a strong healthy little (I mean big) boy, so I know he’ll be fine, but there’s something about hurting them when they’re completely oblivious to what’s going on. They’re calm one minute and screaming the next wondering what in the world just happened. It’s for his health and safety though, so it has to be done.

Chris and I are doing well. We’ve been very busy for the last few weeks. I’ve been doing a lot at the church lately and Chris has been busy with work and church as well. I haven’t had hardly any sleep for the last week, so this morning after Luke had a rough early morning, we both took a 2 hour nap…let’s just say that made all the difference in the world. I feel human again! It’s amazing what a good nap will do for you. So, with that said, I should go do some housework since I haven’t been at home all week to do it. Here are some pictures and I’ll try to get into the routine of posting at least once a week. Until next time, enjoy these pictures!








Caught Mom and baby napping...








Lunch break is a lot more fun when he's awake and alert








What a smile!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad to get your update! My, is he growing! Min....have you tried lactose free milk????? It's pricey but worth it. That would give you both some nutrition without the misery......Anyway, can't wait to see you all again! Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy!! I love the smile!! Luke is growing and oh so cute. Thanks again for keeping us posted. By the way, Uncle Randy made the sports page with a great article about broadcasting for the Shorebirds. I'm sure mom mom Judy will send it to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2 month birthday, Little Luke! You are one handsome dude! I can't wait to see you again. I'll be there for your 4 month birthday. I love you all.

Love,
MOM MOM Judy

Amber said...

Look at that cranium :) I love you guys, and I love seeing pictures of Luke (hint hint)

Amber