Monday, August 31, 2009

Learning Links

I've been working on this post for awhile now, but just haven't had time to finish it. But as the boys were playing the "letter game" (link below) on the computer today, I got the motivation I needed to finish this post (not that it's that long! haha). Especially as I watched how much they enjoyed playing the game...and that just so happened to be what this post is about!

The boys really enjoy playing on the computer (with proper time restrictions and monitoring of course.) =) It is absolutely amazing what’s out there! Luke really enjoys the Leapfrog software, but we’ve also found some really great things online…free! I thought I would share a few of our favorite links:

Starfall is an EXCELLENT resource. It offers a lot for a wide range of ages. The boys LOVE the ABC’s link . Luke can pretty much maneuver his way around it on his own. He picks a letter and just follows the "sparkles" to the end. Will pronounces the letter sounds and tries out the words – it’s a really great teaching tool! You’ll also find under the ABC’s link another link for ABC Printouts , this is also a phenomenal resources for teaching letters and writing them. I haven’t been able to explore this entire site, but have been impressed with everything I’ve seen in it so far.

Mooneleaf Flashcards - Luke loves flashcards, and this site has a variety of flashcards…including different languages!

Fisher-Price – of course Fisher-Price always has a great variety of good little games and tools!

We also really like Zoo webcams. I’ll have to post the different webcams we visit in another post as all those links are on my desktop. =)


Well there's a lot more to blog about in the near future! More to come! =)

3 comments:

chris said...

Is it weird that I checked out these links over here, and did a couple german flashcards? My jury's still out and I need a second opinion...

mindy said...

Nah, you're just doing your "homework" for when you come home and have to take care of the children...cause I'm gonna need to sleep for about 2 months and you're on your own.=) Just kidding!=)The real question is...how did you do on your German?

chris said...

Terrible, of course!