Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy and blessed Easter!

It is so good to serve a Risen Savior! As I sit here trying to think of what I want to say about Easter, I find myself without adequate words to describe how blessed, humbled and grateful I feel for the sacrifice our Lord Jesus Christ made so many years ago. So since I can’t think of the words, I’ll post this reading that expresses the message of Easter so eloquently.


He has risen!
He has risen indeed!

Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?

Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Christ has indeed been raised from the dead,
The first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.

For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead,
He cannot die again;
Death no longer has mastery over him.

For this very reason,
Christ died and returned to life
So that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Jesus said, “I am the resurrection, and the life.
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
And whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”

Thanks be to God!
He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


Happy Easter!

No comments: