Saturday, July 04, 2009

Whirlwind and another Homecoming

Wow. What a whirlwind two weeks! Chris has come and gone and I haven't blogged once! Unfortunately, there has not been a single spare moment over the past two weeks to upload photos - until tonight! =) I promise I won't overload you on photos tonight, but I will get started and try to post somewhat regularly over the next few weeks to get caught back up again. So here's installment 1!

Chris had leave for 2 weeks - so minus travel time we had 12 jam-packed days together. I'll let the pictures tell the story from here:

Chris's flight didn't get in until early evening, so we had all day to wait...


Luke got all spruced up for the big event by getting a haircut...


After naps, Aunt Jamie and Julianne came over and helped the boys make signs:



On the way to the airport! YAY!


More waiting at the airport...

Here's the family waiting...


Julianne next to her sign!


The boys and I waiting...can you tell there is a lot of waiting on days like this!=) The funny thing about this picture is I didn't actually plan for us all to match...it just kinda happened. I had just planned for the boys to match. But I hurriedly got dressed before we left for the airport and didn't even notice until we got there!

Spotting the plane!


He's home!!!


This picture is a bit blurry, but I love it! Luke didn't even hesitate, he ran right into daddy's arms!


Reuniting...


Here I'm telling Will that this is "da-da." It took him awhile to come around, but he got used to Chris being around again eventually.

Greeting Mom:


Uncle Chris meeting Julianne for the first time:


Life is good!



Waiting for the luggage...


Daddy brought gifts!


On our way home...


We went home and enjoyed a relaxed supper with family - which I'm surprised I didn't take any pictures of. It was a nice time to catch up and enjoy being surrounded by family.
At the end of the night, the boys put on their "My daddy is my hero" PJ's, sat with daddy to read books and went to sleep happy to have daddy home for a short time.


More updates/pictures to come!

No comments: