Friday, July 17, 2009

Vacation Chronicles: Animal Kingdom

On our third day of travel, we finally made it to Disney World! We thought we'd stop at Animal Kingdom for the afternoon. The day was sweltering. The boys were exhausted. There were definitely perks to the day, but I think it was hard for any of us to enjoy it to its fullest. Chris and I were dealing with constant fits and bickering from the boys - and we were pretty tired ourselves. We enjoyed what we could, but decided to head to the condo after a few hours. We got the boys in the bath, let them run around the cool condo for awhile and then met up with Merritt and Joey for a very enjoyable dinner. Later that evening Steve, Judy and Randy, Jamie and Julianne got to the condo. By the end of the night, we all fell into bed. I think we may have even been asleep before our heads hit the pillow!

Disney World!!! I excitedly turned to tell Luke we were finally at Disney World...


and this is what I saw! I tried and tried to wake him up, but he was out!


Will was excited though!


Animal Kingdom!


Luke thought the Tram-Trolley things were lots of fun!

Will must have been having a "stomach ache" here...after we got through the gates of the park, we realized he "stomach ached" through his shorts. I, of course, hadn't thought to bring an extra outfit for him, so we had to feverishly clean his clothes so we could proceed (thankfully, it wasn't to terrible.)

Finally here!



The Tree of Life...


Will checking out a dinosaur...


This pretty much sums up how our time at the park went...=) Here the boys are waiting for lunch. Luke is crying and whining because his eyes hurt - Will is hot and hungry - and they were not happy. After lunch, they perked up a bit - but this was generally their mood.


The Lion King Show! This was awesome! It was inside, cool and very entertaining! The boys enjoyed it - as did Chris and I. They offered to take Luke up to dance at the end, but he refused. Oh well, it was still a very fun part of the day!



It was SO hot! The boys chugged water all day long.

Another high point was the Mickey Jungle Parade. Luke was finally able to see some of the characters, so that was very satisfying to him. He sat on my shoulders and Will sat on Chris'. I had been working out diligently for weeks, but his 30-40 some pounds on my shoulders for 15 minutes made me realize I need to work out harder! LOL!





Back on the Tram-Trolley thing to head out...

Will was so tired, he could barely hold his eyes open!


Family picture while we ate at Don Pablo's with Merritt and Joey.

No comments: