Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just had to share a few things...


Board Interview and Job Position:

I had my Local License interview last night – and though I was a bit nervous, I also felt God’s peace with me. I’m excited to say that the Church Board granted me my Local Minister's License! This is step one in a long process of pursuing Ordination. After I hold my local license for a year, I can apply for my district license. Then I will have to put in many years of experience – and take some courses – until I’m invited to interview for Ordination as an Elder in the Church of the Nazarene.

I also had a meeting with the Administrative/Worship Pastor concerning my job position. I don’t think I can even begin to express how incredibly excited I am to start and be a part of this new ministry! My job title is Director of Audio and Visual Productions. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new computer so I can start making videos! Waaahooooo! =) There is a lot of planning and prep I need to do to start organizing this new ministry too. I am just so excited to have this opportunity – I’m so excited I’m almost giddy! =) I just praise God for all the doors He’s opened. I haven’t been able to be actively involved in a church since we left Manhattan (love and miss you guys!!!) and I’ve felt such a huge void in my life. Being an active part of the church is such a huge passion and desire of mine – and I was really missing it! God is good!

Settling in:

We are still settling in – though with each passing day, we feel more and more like we’re home. Since we have always come to MD to visit – it was hard to get out of the mindset of being a “visitor” and get into the mindset of “settling in to stay.” Just the other day the thought struck me square between the eyes – “We live here now!”

This morning the boys and I ventured out to the mall so I could buy Luke some more accessories for his room. I’ll post pictures of his room soon. No one’s allowed to see pictures of my room yet. It is still a work in progress...

I can’t believe we’ve been here for over two weeks now! In a lot of ways I feel like we just got here. I am still WAY behind on most things – i.e. e-mails, blogging, cleaning, homemaking, etc. - but have decided to stop stressing and let the settling in process take as long as it needs to take. I rarely get much done during the day as the boys take up just about every spare second I have. You can’t turn your back on Will for even a second or he’s into mischief…that means even a small task can take all day to accomplish. Today has been one of the lucky days where both boys are napping at the same time…thus this blog! =)

Meme, Guka, Aunt Jamie and Uncle Randy have been AWESOME! We have really enjoyed being together again. It’s nice to have some help with the boys again too. It’s also nice that the coffee is already made in the morning (compliments of Guka being an early riser)…mmmm…coffee…now that’s living! =) hehehe!

Well, Will is awake - and Luke is sure to follow, so I better sign off and make the afternoon pot of coffee. =) Coffee is so good!

Hope all is well for each and every one of you! More later!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am so happy for you Mindy! It sounds like God is really going to use your passion and talents for him. I LOVED all the videos you made here at Manhattan. You and Chris are so funny and creative :)

And Praise the Lord that you are settled in MD now. It must be so good to be close to family after being away for sooooo long :)

God bless you!
Annie

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
Congrats! You are on your way
Dad