Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dad's Visit - More pictures to come!

I am so far behind that it completely overwhelms me to think about updating the blog in one post...so I will try to post small picture/update blogs every other day or so until I'm completely caught up. So here's the first in my update session...

As I posted last month, my dad flew to Germany to help the boys and I during our move. Everything happened so fast once the ERD paperwork came in. We had to act quick so dad could get on the same flight back to the states as us - Frankfurt to Chicago is always a VERY full flight. God is Good and we managed to book his flight with the return trip the same as ours.


Dad arrived and had very little time to adjust to the time difference. He flew in on a Tuesday and the movers came on Thursday. We were all super excited to see Grandpa and Luke latched on from the beginning and didn't leave his side until we had to part ways at the airport in Chicago.


I'm not sure how I could have managed without my dad there. He was a really really really big help. Thank you so much dad!!!


The week was super busy with the movers packing up the apartment and all the last minute appointments and paperwork - but we managed to get out and see a tiny bit of Germany over the weekend. Here are just a few pictures. I'll have to add more a bit later as I have a TON! =)

Luke helping Grandpa...



Luke tried to help the packers...


Luke coloring while the packers were busy packing...




Will suffered a nasty reaction to his 6 month shots (which he had received the first part of the week.) He had a temp of 103 for three days and then broke out in a full body rash. Needless to say, he didn't feel very good and needed lots of sleep and cuddle time with Grandpa. Here he is sleeping while the movers were packing around us...


Luke's packed up room...


The boys at the hotel. They loved the low windows!


Idar-Oberstein...



Baumholder...



Burg Lichtenburg...




No comments: