Tuesday, April 15, 2008

To sleep or not to sleep...

Sorry for the delay in an update. We have been going non-stop! It’s been good to stay busy though – it helps distract us from Chris being gone. I think Chris is in the same boat as well – staying busy. We want to thank you all for your wonderful support, prayers and encouragement.


I think Chris plans to post a blog in the next few days. I’m not sure of what I can say as far as where he is (AFN has taught us all about OPSEC) – but he’s at a mid-way point and safe. I’ll let him fill you in on what’s going on at his end.

We are doing well. Like I said at the beginning, we’ve been very busy. Luke still hasn’t quite grasped the fact that Chris will be gone long-term. He looks for him quite often during the day. Thankfully he hadn’t thrown too many fits about it though. I explain to him each time he looks for Daddy that, “Daddy’s in Iraq” or “Daddy had to go to Iraq to keep us safe.” I was telling him that “Daddy’s at work” but then I realized that when Chris got back and “went to work,” Luke might freak out. Now Luke will say – “rack” for Iraq.

As for me – the biggest adjustment has been dealing with just being utterly exhausted. I can’t seem to catch up on any rest. Will obviously still wakes to eat during the night – so even if I try to go to bed early, I’m only able to sleep in blocks of time. Thankfully I can drink my coffee again – though I’ve learned the hard way that I still need to drink it in moderation…

Updates:

Will:

Will is quickly growing out of his clothes – there are so many cute things I haven’t even been able to put him in yet! A few weeks ago, he had to go up to size 3 in diapers. He has started grabbing things now and just today completely rolled over from his stomach to his back. I had put him down to do tummy time this morning – turned my back for a second – and he’d rolled over to his back! Yay Will! He’s also discovered his hands.

We have our good days and rough days with the sleeping. He still wants to be held a lot – but I’ve been working on finding ways to lay him down to sleep. Sometimes it works – sometimes it doesn’t.

He loves to be sitting up and watching everything that’s going on. He likes to smile and kick his feet and pump his arms. He loves Luke. Just today, Will was on my lap and spitting bubbles – this made Luke laugh and attempt to spit bubbles – which made Will smile – which made Luke laugh – it was great!

Luke:

Luke is talking up a storm. He’s putting words together now – which is SO exciting! He’ll say, “Mato – watch?” Which means Tomato Watch – which means he wants to watch one of his Veggie Tales movies. While I was still telling him that Daddy was at work, he said, “Daddy? Work?” He’ll say, “hukey (hungry) – eat” and “uum on (come on.) It’s so much fun to watch him put words together. I don’t think there’s a word out there he won’t try saying either – his new ones are helicopter, macaroni and spaghetti. He’s also learned – “ewwwww!” Which means he has something gross on his finger…and will usually come give it to me. Last night the “ewww” came out of his nose. =)

He has been doing much better with his eating – maybe we’re getting past his extremely picky stage…or maybe it’s because he finally has some molars. Whatever the reason – I’m happy.

Luke does seem to be having his own sleep issues. He won’t take a very long nap – so he get’s overtired during the day – which makes him overtired when he goes to bed…which seems to make him overtired when he wakes up in the morning. It’s quite the vicious cycle.


Weight Loss Attempts:

I did start a weight loss blog – but I’ve pretty much failed at every goal I’ve set for myself so far. I think this was just a bad week to try to start anything. Oh well – I’ll keep trying. If you’re interested in keeping up with my failed weight loss and exercise goals (Hehehe!) here’s the link: http://minsweightlossblog.blogspot.com/.

Alright, neither Luke or Will are cooperating right now, so I guess I’m done with this blog…or at least that’s what they're telling me. So here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!


Tummy Time!


Luke watching a movie on the computer...he's all set with his Goldfish and Sippy!



Will is obsessed with this cow on his farm play mat. He'll just stare and stare at it!


Luke and Will playing together!


Ready for church...


"I wasn't doing anything bad mommy - I promise!"


Awwww! Sweet kisses!


Mommy and Will! Will dosen't look too happy to be taking this picture...


I've found that if I put Will down in the swing or boucny on his side - he'll sometimes stay asleep - yay!


I love baby feet!


"I'm a perfect angel at all times!"


Drinking from his new Cars cup while eating a banana.


Sleeping with Luke's monkey. Yes, the monkey has a diaper. Luke will take his monkey to the changing table to get a diaper change - it's hilarious!


"Mato!!"


Cutie!


Luke watching his Parise Baby DVD - he can pretty much name everything that comes up on the screen. Here he is telling Elmo what's on the screen..."b!"


Here is Will swiping at his bunny in the bouncy...


Until next time!

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

chris said...

Who are those huge kids? Luke looks very preppy in his sport coat. Great pictures honey! You must be the greatest mom ever!

Anonymous said...

Look at Will holding up his head so well. Aahh! And judging by the papasan picture - Will is bigger than Max now. Oh my gosh!

Sorry to hear that you are so tired. I can't even imagine. You are so AWESOME-a modern day Wonder Woman. Can I have a ride in your invisible jet?

Take care of yourself!!!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

You bring meaning to my life, you're my innnspiiiiiraaaaaaation (can you hear the music?)

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures. Luke is such a little man now, and Will is so big!! He has bypassed Avery long ago :) That's exciting that he is rolling over already!

Wish we could be close by so we could help out! At least let you get a nap now and then :) You are in our prayers!

Love you all!
Holly