Thursday, April 10, 2008

And it begins...

Chris has left for his 15 months in Iraq. We got word yesterday morning that he was leaving and about 16 hours later he was on his way. Crazy! So needless to say yesterday was busy with last minute errands and packing. We spent the evening together just trying to soak in as much of each other and the boys as we could. Though it’s hard to be the ones left behind – I think this whole ordeal is incredibly heart wrenching for Chris. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like to have to leave my children for over a year. I think this may have been the hardest thing he’s ever had to do. So please pray for him. Pray for his safety and pray that God will give him the strength to get through this time away from his precious boys.

The boys and I are doing fine. I really feel God’s presence with us. God is so good to us – I feel completely covered in His Grace, Peace and Strength. He has given us what we need to get through this. We will continue to hold on to Him and in doing so – we will make it through.

Here are some pictures from last night! I’ll write more later, but I just wanted to let you all know so you could be praying for Chris. Thanks for your wonderful support!


Luke sat on Chris's duffel bag and said, "Bu-bye" over and over - he even started waving at Chris when he walked down the hall to find more items to stuff in his bags.


Nothing more American than a man in uniform and a football sweater....


Awwww!


How Chris really feels about going to Iraq...


I'll update more in the next few days!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying and thinking about you all lots and lots!

Ruth said...

awww, you almost made me cry in class!!! You guys will be in our prayers for sure ^_^

Andrea said...

Being away is hard. My husband was on a remote tour recently for 12 months (although it was a really nice setting). It may be hard to understand now, but a year from now you can really appreciate the amazing strength that you will have had to mother a family and run a household solo. I am stronger than I ever imagined. I know it was so hard for DH to leave his family. He missed the first 6 months of his new son's life (except the 3 weeks at home for the birth). Take care of yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and are praying for each of you! God bless.

--Jenny

Unknown said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Chris and Mindy,

You and the boys are in our thoughts. The strength of your love for each other, the boys and God is inspiring and we know it will be an anchor for all of you in the challenges ahead. We will keep thoughts for Chris's safety and health in our hearts. May your hearts be filled with love and peace even as there is sadness at this separation.

Take care,

Barb and Dan

Anonymous said...

Know we are praying and thinking of you constantly. Mom & Dad Shotts

Amber said...

I love you all! Chris...you are one of my heroes, and I have no doubt that you are Mindy, Luke and Will's too. You will all be in my prayers.

Love, love, love!

Annie said...

I am praying for God to protect Chris and give him the comfort he needs when he is away from his family.

Mindy, your post was very encouraging. I loved reading how you are so focused on God even though this is probably one of the hardest things you have ever done.

God bless you all!!

Annie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...we miss you all very much. While in Iraq...enjoy the music they play several times a day and don't eat @ the Tigras cafe...food's not so good.:< We will keep praying for you until you return! Our love, Todd, Patty, Luke(the original), and Lydia

leannecats said...

Hi Mindy! Sorry to hear about Chris having to leave so suddenly! I was thinking about you all and it looks like you are doing good despite him having to leave! Some really cute looking boys!!! I did update our blog a little, haven't had much time to get into it. I will try and add more soon! Take care!! Leanne Furnas

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I'm long overdo in congratulating you on your new little one, but I'm so happy for you. Also I,m at your parents today for Sun. dinner and got to see all of your wonderful pictures. I'll be praying for all of you...focus on the joy of all God's blessings and the time when God brings you back together. I love you! Miss Shirley xoxo

Tiffany Barrett said...

Hey Hey Scott Family. You all will be in our prayers, Hopefully I can get out to Germany again and see ya!! That would be soo fun. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

All of you are in my prayers daily.
Love, Aunt Pam