Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Apple Orchard

After noticing all the orchards on our trip to Monmouth Battlefield last week, I thought it would be a nice little outing to go pick some apples. Chris was probably least excited about the idea, but he humored me and off we went to the Battlefield Orchard on Sunday afternoon.

It was a hot day, but so worth it! We found that we LOVE Honey Crisp apples...just enough tart and sweet to make the perfect apple...in my book that is. =) We picked a whole bucket. We have all been gorging on apples since then cause they are sooooo good! I thought we'd have trouble eating a whole bucket full of apples, but that is just not the case.
















Will and Luke trying to pick up the full bucket!




After we were done at the orchard, we stopped at a orchard/produce/bakery shop to buy some apple cider donuts....and they were SO.VERY.YUMMY!!!


We had a little picnic in the park, let the kids play on the playground for awhile, then headed home. It was a delightful afternoon and I know it won't be the last visit we make to the orchard! I can already hear the apples calling my name...=)








4 comments:

Monica@DailyDwelling said...

What a fun day!! And, honey crisp apples are definitely my favorite, too.

Teniah Ashlyn said...

You guys have definitely had some adventures! Love all the blog updates and pictures...My favorite though, is this very last one - ha...You can see where the boys get their silliness from! haha....

Cherry said...

Oh Mindy I'm SSSSOOOOOO jealous right now, because Honey Crisp Apples are my very very favorites and I can't find them here yet (should be coming soon though). If I thought I could afford the shipping I'd have you ship me a crate!!!

مشروع جديد ناجح said...

hi
you have nice blog
have nice day