Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Local Ministers License

As most of you know, one of the main reasons the boys and I chose to ERD was so I could continue to pursue my passions of Visual Arts Ministry and continue working towards Ordination in the Church of the Nazarene. The only way I could do that was to come back home and begin my work in the church. Once Chris made his final decision that this would be his last year in the military, we knew that this would be the right time for me to get back into working towards my ministry goals.


It's been since our time at Manhattan Church of the Nazarene - (We miss you guys so much!!!) - that we've been actively involved in church work. It was very hard to go from being super involved - to not being involved at all in Georgia and Germany- short of attending church services.


Just like our church in Manhattan, this church has been incredibly gracious and open to my desires to pursue the ministry - which I am so greatful for! I feel so blessed that they have plugged me into the Visual Arts Ministry! On February 8, 2009 they presented me with my local ministers license! Though it was granted after my interview last Fall- the church waited to present the certificate to me until Chris was home for R&R. It was so special to be able to share that moment with Chris. He has bent over backwards to support my calling and my pursuit of ministry. I can't even begin to count the hours he has spent helping, encouraging and working alongside me. So it was extraordinarily appropriate to stand by his side at that moment.


So here are a few pictures my family snapped from the balcony during the presentation. The next step is to complete some ministerial study courses, prepare for my district license and continue to serve and work in the church. Once Chris returns for good and we get settled in - I will be able to commit more time to all the above - which I'm super excited about. I can't wait to see what the future holds!





3 comments:

Cherry said...

You Rock Minners!!! I can't believe all you do. Although at the moment I'm actively searching for more to do so maybe I have a skewed perspective of it all. (Please God I need a job, that will let me move!)

Honeybee said...

Congrats, Mindy! It will be exciting to watch how God uses you.

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you Mindy.You two look so good in the picture.
Love you.Grandma and Grandpa Shotts