Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris!



Today is Chris' Birthday! Happy Birthday Honey!! =) We are very excited to be able to spend today together. In the Army it can often be a rarity to spend a "special occasion" together - so this is pretty exciting for us!

Since it's his birthday, it gives me a really good excuse to brag about him and get a little mushy. Sorry honey! =) I'm also going to see if I can convince Mom Judy to blog about his very first day in this wonderful world - so check her blog to see if I was successful in my asking. =) (Nothing like putting you on the spot, eh!? I love you Mom Judy!! =) )

Chris and I met way back in college. I will never forget watching him play kickball with my good friend Holly's little brother and sister and thinking, "I wish I could find a man like that!" And 9 years later, here we are - married with 2 beautiful children! Though we haven't been able to spend our entire marriage together (deployments, field exercises, Army, etc.) we have enjoyed the times and experiences we have shared. Two such occasions were the births of Luke and Will.




Chris is such an AMAZING dad! I can't speak or praise his fathering skills enough! His unconditional love for his children is completely apparent. He would do anything in the world for his two little boys. There is nothing in this world that makes me happier than seeing Chris and his boys together - playing, laughing and having a grand ole time.











Chris is also a wonderful husband. We have been married for 6 1/2 years now (WOW!) and I can't imagine life without him. He is generous, caring and has always supported my interests and passions in life. He has helped with the house work, participated in many of the ministries I have participated in, changed numerous dirty diapers, made suppers, taken care of me when I'm sick (and when you're sick for 9 months at a time, that is REALLY saying a lot!!!), he has always been my honest sounding board (well except for that time I tried to test him when we were first married and put on a really ugly pair of pants and asked him if I looked ok...to which he said "yes," to which I said, "I CAN'T believe you'd let me walk out of the house like this?!"...since then, he's always been very honest with me! HAHA!)

He is creative, smart, handsome, a born leader, funny as all get out, sweet (even though you see the sarcastic side more!) and I love him more than words could ever ever express!


So, today on his Birthday, I just want to say - Have a very happy and blessed birthday Chris! We love you and are very excited we get to share this happy day with you!
Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!! Happy Birthday Chris! I'm so happy that you had this special day together!

Jeff and Joy Scott Family said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! My favorite part of this post:

"...way back in college..."

hehe, you're not THAT old. And actually, I remember Chris WAY back in college too! Perhaps I'll blog about those ENC days!

Cherry said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! I thought of you a lot yesterday as Mom and I celebrated her birthday with a shopping trip. Hope your day was wonderful!