Friday, February 22, 2008

The Sick House

Hey all!

This won’t be a long blog, but I did want to post a quick update. The last few weeks have been pretty crazy. Luke has been sick with the stomach flu and then immediately got a sinus/respiratory cold. He is thankfully on the mend from both. Will unfortunately caught the sinus/respiratory cold though, so he’s sick now. It’s awful because he’ll choke on all the mucus in his nose and throat. There have been a few scary times when he can’t catch his breath. Thankfully he hasn’t had a fever higher then 99.7 and he still has an appetite. I was afraid he wouldn’t nurse since his nose is stuffy, but he still eats fine. This little guy is going to be a big strapping fellow! Then, I unfortunately caught the stomach virus, so I’m sick too. So we’ve renamed our house the “sick house.” I’ve been trying hard to remain hydrated. I don’t want to relive my ER visit from Georgia – that was embarrassing! Annnyway, Chris is not sick…yet, and I hope he doesn’t catch any of this. He’s been extremely busy at work as they gear up to head downrange. Well, that’s about all the energy I have, so I’m going to post a few pictures and sign off.

This is a sight you will never see unless Luke is sick...he's always moving...


"I love my soothie!"


Luke drinking his juice...


"I'm a big strapping fellow!"


Luke loves to wear his boots...even if it's just inside...


Will hanging out on the couch...


Luke holding Will's hand...


"I love my "bruder!""


I'll post a longer update once we all get back on our feet. Hope all is going well for all of you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor guys! I hope you ALL get to feeling better soon! I can't believe how Will is growing! Give Luke a big hug from Grandma. Mom Shotts

Amber said...

Hope you feel better soon. I love you guys!
Amber

Steve and Judy said...

I miss you all so much. I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks since we left. It's like I was in a dream and now I woke up. I know, as usual, I'm being over dramatic but what can I say I have a bad case of grandma-itis! Give my precious grandchildren a hug and a kiss from Me-Me. I miss their mommy and daddy too! Get healthy soon. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Yucky! I hope you guys all feel better soon! Love you.
--Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are feeling better.
Love the pictures of the boys, theya re soooo cute.
Love, Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, will is a very strapping fellow! I can't believe that he is almost the same size as Max and he's only 1 month old. I can't believe he's already over a month old. =)

I hope you all feel better soon. Take good care and rest as much as you can. Sending you our best.

Barb and Dan

Unknown said...

Wow...I can't believe you guys are sick again. It seems like it keeps going around in your household. Avery is just getting over a cold. I can't imagine her actually being sick with the flu too. No fun. Hope you get to feeling better soon!