Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

We just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day! We hope you’re all having a very lovely and blessed day.

Our day was…interesting. We had hoped to get out and do some traveling this week while Chris was on leave and while the weather was nice. Unfortunately, Chris ended up having to work Monday and Tuesday (even though he had taken those days as leave days.) Then Tuesday afternoon (while Chris was at work) Luke had some – how can I say this delicately? – really really bad intestinal issues. So I’m running around like a crazy chicken cleaning him up, cleaning everything around him up, giving him multiple baths, etc. while Will is screaming in the background because he’s hungry…and every time Luke had an issue – Will would wake up and scream. I was about ready to drop from exhaustion and finally at around 6:30pm, I had to call Chris and ask him to come home and help. By bedtime, Luke seemed to be doing better and I attributed the intestinal issues to teething…since he’s been getting some molars recently.

Sadly, Wednesday morning, Luke woke up sick – now he not only had intestinal issues but a slight fever and vomiting. He still seemed to have energy and wanted to play though, so that was good. I was still hoping that it was a teething issue and not the stomach flu. By bedtime yesterday, we thought he was for sure on the mend and hoped we could get out and do something today.



Well, today he woke up sicker than sick. He was throwing up, running a low fever and weaker than weak. He’s just laid around all day long – throwing up…usually all over Chris. So we’ve been taking care of him, cleaning up all the messes, doing a mass of laundry, running to the store for Gatorade so we can attempt to keep Luke hydrated, taking care of Will (who has been extremely fussy today) all the while trying to sanitize everything so Will doesn’t get sick too…needless to say – we’re exhausted. =) So, not exactly how we planned to spend Valentines Day, but hey – what can you do. =)

Anyway, I managed to take a few pictures of Will in his Valentines Day outfit in-between his fussy periods. So I wanted to post those as well as wish you all a Happy Valentines Day! We love and miss you all!



Poor Luke!




"My 1st Valentines Day!"




Close Up!




"I Love You!"




Heart Breaker...




Too cute!




What a sweetheart!

8 comments:

randys1981 said...

Ouch, Sounds like a fun week! Happy Valentines day! We like Will's outfits. He starting to show a little personality! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! Will is quite photogenic. If it makes you feel any better the kids at school are out 2-3 days with some sort of stomach virus. We had a snow day today (Hurray!!) Maybe that will clear the air. Happy Valentine's Day!! - Aunt Lois

Amber said...

I love the pictures. Especially Luke with his puke bucket! He looks like you, Min when you were preggers!

Happy V Day to you too!

Anonymous said...

Poor Luke! I hope he feels better soon! Will is such a cute boy! I hope you guys are all doing better soon! Love you.

--Jenny

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all feeling better! Know we are thinking of you! Ma and Pa

Josh and Annie said...

I am so sorry that you had such a tiring and exhausting V-day. God will bless you for your faithfulness as a mother Mindy.

And will is definitly a heart breaker :-) Josh said he reminded him of Capt. Berkard from Star Trek....what a geek I am married to. But he said this about Lizzie, so what can you say?

God bless you, we miss you too!

Monica said...

AWWWWW, Poor Luke!! I hope he's feeling better. Let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

But Mindy always had the bright yellow or orange bowls (referring to Amber's post) always strategically placed on her desk in the office or in front of her chair at church. Mindy, your pregnant days will never be forgotten in Kansas.

Will looks SO BIG! I can't believe he was inside of you just a couple weeks ago!

I hope the rest of you don't get sick and that Luke is on the mend.

~LORIE H.